SHOCKING NEWS FOR Me

nemasis243

Hi guys just had a call from one of my shooting partners,

He was on his small Pheasant shoot today with another mate of ours who was giving him a hand to knock some posts in ,

as they moved some wood a wasps nest was under it,

Simon my shooting buddy got hit once on the arm ,and George got hit 3times on his chest,

Simon is mid 40's and George is 64 just retired, but both very fit guys .

within a minute George started to feel giddy and within 2mins was out of it, Simon called the paramedics and they arrived and he was still breathing , they did all the normal stuff ,anti venom and other stuff , But George died as they put him into the ambulance.

Big big shock to us all down here and the sad loss of a good shooting friend.

cheers Andy

Sorry to hear your news Andy

We have a guy on my shift who is allergic to wasp venom, anaphalctic shock will set in if he isnt shot with a special applicator he carries in summer...

Bl**dy hell Andy thats awful.

He must of suffered severe anaphalactic shock to the sting.

My thoughts to Georges family.

Hope Simons ok he must be feeling awful, give him my best as well.

Dave

Very sorry to hear that Andy.

It's always a shock when someone who's young(ish) and fit passes away.

I can empathise being allergic to wasps. A doc had to come and rescue me once when I kicked a half-dead wasp with the end of my big toe. Within 2 mins, my arms were a mess of blisters and I was having trouble breathing. God knows I should carry an AnaKit when I'm out but haven't got round to getting one..

Chris-NZ

Really sorry to hear the news Andy, I'm completely gob smacked.

Just retired and starting to have more time doing the things he loved, life sucks sometimes.

My thoughts and condolences to all.

that is a bugger,

getting stung around the head,neck and torso is the worst place. the wasps are pretty narky round here at the moment.

i have to carry an epi-pen and anti-histamine all the time.

the last time i got stung was once and i was off my feet in fifteen minutes, the paramedics didn't even have time to get the stretcher out.

its surprising how quickly it happens.

Bloody hell, sorry to hear that mate, wasps are the one thing i cant stand! uneathed a small nest about a month ago in the tyre stack whilst sheeting a silage pit, bloody hate em!! my thoughts go to you and his family

Hi Andy ,

Sorry to hear the news , my hopes and prayers are with the family!!!!

All the very best............

RAY...................................

Andy,

Sorry to hear that. Tragic for his family. My condolences.

Some years ago a neighbour who kept a few beehives was stung, presumably by one of his own bees and collapsed in the garden. Fortunately, his wife found him in time but it was touch and go for a few days. Apparently, he had suddenly become sensitive to bee stings, although he had been stung many times before. Who knows what's around the corner, eh?.

Peter

Andy, thats an awful thing to happen, I suppose the only consolation, if there is one, is that at least George was out with his friend in the countryside doing something that he enjoyed. I bet that a lot of people don't know the dangers of anaphilactic shock, many people would have paniced. Good on Simon for calling the ambulance. This is a story that is probably worth sharing with a wider audiance, with the families permission of course, maybe you should write a letter to the Shooting Times. A little awareness may help save another persons life. Best wishes, JC.

Guest martin

Andy,I know just what you are going through mate,and,as has been said my thoughts are with you and his family mate........................Martin.

Archived