Custom barrel or Accuracy International

Hi looking for some advice. I currently shoot an AI AXMC in 6.5CM and the round count is approaching 2700 with mainly factory loads. Accuracy has started to drop off and the rifle is equipped with an 26 in AI barrel but in a much heavier profile than I’ve seen before. The gentleman that i purchased the rifle from said they were rare and he had requested it especially. He probably had some sway as i know he used to shoot one in his professional career. Now the rifle has been super accurate so do i simply buy another barrel from Sporting Services or get a custom gunsmith make me one up to my preference and his superior knowledge? Any answers would be appreciated. Kind regards Adam.

I have an AI AT with both factory and custom 6.5CM barrels, both 26" with muzzle brakes (different competitions and AI didn't make a factory barrel when I purchased the custom barrel [rifle purchased as a .308]), the custom is heavier profile.When it is time to replace I am not sure if I would bother with a custom barrel but just stick to factory. I shoot factory class benchrest with it at Diggle and I was second last year in the championship (did lead until the last competition) so the factory barrel shoots well. In my opinion, save your money and get a factory barrel, if I recall correctly I paid just over £700 for the factory barrel

Replacement custom barrel brand will not be far removed from factory price (maybe 100£ more?)

Easy to make and as others have said perhaps more consistent and accurate than factory barrel (though that is dependant to who made the factory barrel)