What was your very first rifle ??

Barrelsniffer

Hi all. sat here on my bed in a xxxxhole named baghdad,with 2 days before my 4 week break,as we all share the sport of shooting,was wondering " what was your very first rifle " be it air rifle,pistol or shotty,or FAC rifle.

Mine was when i was about 10-11 i think,webley hurricane pistol,then my BSA mercury air rifle.which while out camping was caught by a farmer and had it taken from me,but thats another story.

So guys and girls what was your first rifle and age you had it.

Micky

Well now then thats made me think,

Air rifle was a webley and scott 177 had that for xmas ,when I 10

ShotGun was a BSA 410 single shot folder , man would that thing kill ;) when I was 11

Rimfire was a remmy speedmaster when I was 15

Centrefire was a remmy 222 when I was 19.

and then things just got out of hand ^_^

Funny thing is I can tell you every gun,scope combo I have had but can never remember girlfriends birthdays, it must be old age :D:D:D

At least your having some sunshine where you are Mick,

Havent you heard all leaves cancelled :lol::lol:

Dont forget you cant take the AK through customs :D

Have a good stint home buddy ;)

first air rifle from memory was a webley hawk mk 2 with a .177 and .22 changeable barrels and i still have it some where,

first shot gun was an aya no4 n/e

first rim fire was a brno .22

first centre fire was a ruger mk2 in 22/250 how i miss that calibre , for the shere enjoyment

first time with a girl was..............

shot my first animal/bird at 6 years old from memory it was a starling :D:D;) but that was 36 years a go

My first rifle was a Weihrauch HW35 in .22, when I was about 20, I think. My first centrefire was(and still is) a Remmy 270 in early 70's. First shotgun was a AYA 25" game gun then a Beretta 686 multichoke. First pistol, Ruger 22LR bull barrel, then Beretta 92 in 9mm then Browning High Power 9mm - Ah, those were the days!. First rimmie a BRNO 22LR.

I was in Bahgdad in the 80's contracting in the oil industry - it was a right dump then, so Gawd knows what it's like now!.

Peter

Air rifle, Theoben, one of the first six ever built. Dave & Ben built a batch of six, sold 4 and kept 1 each. Spring powered with BSA .22 barrel, about 1978 time. The company has come a long way since then, I have had other Theobens but dont have one these days.

Rimmy, Anshultz 1712STS.

Centerfire; Mannlicher varmint 22.250.

A

Air rifle, Theoben, one of the first six ever built. Dave & Ben built a batch of six, sold 4 and kept 1 each. Spring powered with BSA .22 barrel, about 1978 time. The company has come a long way since then, I have had other Theobens but dont have one these days.

Rimmy, Anshultz 1712STS.

Centerfire; Mannlicher varmint 22.250.

A

that one you had i recon would be wortha afortune now days alycidon

baghdad is still and always will be a shithole,amount of money spent here you would think it would of made a difference.still the same.

there are quite a few new oil companies starting new contracts out here at mo. exactly why the war was started in 1st place eh.

My first rifle was a Weihrauch HW35 in .22, when I was about 20, I think. My first centrefire was(and still is) a Remmy 270 in early 70's. First shotgun was a AYA 25" game gun then a Beretta 686 multichoke. First pistol, Ruger 22LR bull barrel, then Beretta 92 in 9mm then Browning High Power 9mm - Ah, those were the days!. First rimmie a BRNO 22LR.

I was in Bahgdad in the 80's contracting in the oil industry - it was a right dump then, so Gawd knows what it's like now!.

Peter

Father brought home a .177 air rifle for me when I was three. I think I started potting around in the garden from 4 onwards.

Every week my father would put either a tin of 200 or 500 pellets into my room. Never asked where they went to. Never had a funktioning street lamp for years either.

From around 9 I had a BSA 22lr.

edi

My first rifle was a BSA Supersport 22 when I was 14,

then a Crossmans 22 pump up air pistol in 22 when I was 15

then a Berretta A390 12 bore at 16

then a Sako 75 in 6.5 x 55 at 26

An Anchutz 1417 22lr at 27

another Sako 75 in 30-06 at 27

and a Logun Gladi8or FAC at 27 in 22

And now I want a 22 cf in either 22-250 or 223 and am getting rid of the rimmy. Mind you I stil have to convince the future wife that I really need one lol

.22 BSA Meteor when I was 10.

Secondhand from the gunshop in Railway Street, Chatham for about £40 I think, bought by my Dad for me.

I absolutely loved it and saved my pocket money like mad until I could get a 4x20 on it :D

I've often thought about buying another one just for nostalgia value!

Cheers,

Phil

that one you had i recon would be wortha afortune now days alycidon

Thats what my wife said at the time when I told her I was selling it. It was early days with Theoben and the product was evolving fast. I sold it after about 18 months and bought one of the first gas rams they made instead. Much better rifle with choked Walther as well from memory,

A

1st Airpistol when I was 8.....The Gat!!!!! Most accurate when used by walking right up to the target, pulling trigger and letting end of barrel hit target!!!!

1st Air Rifle when I was 11....BSA Supersport .177 (Still got it)

1st Shotgun when I was 12..... Webley & Scott Bolt action .410 (still got it)

1st Rimfire 7years ago....Ruger 10/22 (still got it)

1st Centrefire 6 years ago.....Tikka 595 in 22-250 (Still got it)

Jinks

First air rifle - Webly Vulcan 11 yrs old

Had Barnett crossbow and recurve long bow soon after .....they were "interesting" (still have em)

First shotty - berretta O/U cant recall what model, but it didn't like my cheeks bones.

First rifle - 270 Mauser 66

" Never asked where they went to. Never had a funktioning street lamp for years either."

:D OMG!!Those were THE days!!!! :D

Air rifle wars in the woods and cornfields.

Only rules were no headshots and no close range shots.

My little brother would come home covered in these suspiciously small

bruises.

308Panther

Pat, we where very disciplined with the pellet rifle when safety was concerned. To clobber each other up we

built these rifle contraptions that proppelled a bent piece of wire via a catapult elastic. Was enough to

sometimes punture the skin up to 30 yds. Shooting with catapults at each other was also strictly off limits.

I presume you had round pellets in your air rifles.

edi

Air arms khamsin 22

Brno 22 rimfire

Remmington 700 adl

Once got shot at by some kids I knew when I was on my pushbike. I must have been about 10. They missed my leg but the rear tyre suffered. Dragged it home well pi55ed off and and my dad had a word with his dad and he mended it. No police armed response or anything in those days?

My first gun (if you can call it that) was a Harrington Gat. I had that when I was about 10. About a year later I managed to talk my mum into letting me have a BSA Meteor. That actually was worth having, and I took loads of starlings with it when they landed on the bird bath at the end of the garden :D

first air rifle was a bsa meteor. god how i loved that little gun ! first shotgun was a winchester 1400 semi auto ( in oz) first fac rifle is and was a brno .22, and now a 6.5 x55 gustaf. and marlin .17 hmr , and soon to be the very proud owner of a howa 1500 in .204

i wish i still had the meteor !!!!

My first air pistol was a Gat

My first air rifle was a BSA airsporter. I was fourteen and it was the same year that the first Airgun world magazine came out. When was that :D

My first shotgun was a AYA cosmos (single barrel)

My first .22 rimmy was a semiauto Burno.

My first centrefire rifle was 222 Tikka.

Dogfox

Archived