What was your very first rifle ??

Barrelsniffer

Yeah the Meteor was a nice rifle. I think mine may have been a Super Meteor, not that I know the difference but I'm sure that's what the salesman told us.

My first shotgun was my Silver Pigeon. I still have it and doubt I'll ever pass it on. First rifle was my 6.5x55 Tikka T3. Talk about getting in to firearms at the deep end!

The first thing l can remember shooting was a cock chook in the farm yard, it was with my fathers .410 and l must have been about 4/5. He said "shoot it in the head cos' your eatin' it tomorrow" it took me 2 goes but l managed it..... bloody hard things to shoot are chooks... they never quit stop moving long enough.

The came the Daisy Diana when l was 6, not a sparrow safe on the place after that ( l still have it ) it's been down hill since then :D it caused all sorts of trouble as an uncle bought 1 each for me and a cousin and our respective fathers were not happy, but we kicked up such a stink we got to keep them :D

First rifle was an ASI Sniper .22 air rifle with 6 x 32 webley scope. I was 10...

My neighbours racing pigeons were the first to suffer.

My arse was the second to suffer when my old man found out... :)

First centerfire rifle was a Savage 110 in .223. Nasty plastic stock..

Would shoot RG 62 grn fodder all day and hold the V bull at 600 yards.

BUT.... I had to re zero the scope every 20 rounds or so as it would drift. Turned out to be the scope mount drillings were not true from breach to rear of the action. This caused the scope to twist in its rings.

Sold the bugger on as dealer wouldn't honour warranty..

old GAMO 22 break barrle thingy, who knows what it was, all i know was it only cost 11 quid in a box of bits at a farm aution, only being 8 at the time it was a big rifle, learn alot from it tho

savage 17hmr for my 17th birthday (ironic but true)

I soon found myself takin up stalkin and baught my superb tikka M55 biathalon stocked 308 (not really a stalking rifle, but it looked cool), unknown to me at the time, rebarreled with a border 1-14 24inch pipe less than a year since when i came across it in the auction house!!!!

From then on ratwhiskers introduced me to reloading, long range, and drop data, oh and how can i forget, Mike norris..... hence most of my student loan seemed to go on powder, bullets and primers!!!!! :lol:

First rifle was my uncle's Relum Tornado .22, a bloody great thing when you're 9, used to put me in the potting shed up the allotments to keep the pigeons off his lettuce. Open sights didn't help me shoot many but it made me feel important. He eventually gave it to me when he gave up the allotments.

Pete.

Archived