Sea kayaking....

Guest Tiff

Guest Tiff

Just thought I'd share some pics from my latest 3 day trip along the south Devon coast.

I was also curious to see if anyone else is a sea paddler?

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers Tiff

P1010948.jpg

P1010970.jpg

P1020057.jpg

P1020158.jpg

P1020145.jpg

P1020173-1.jpg

P1020140.jpg

P1020141.jpg

P1020170.jpg

P1020212.jpg

Guest Tiff

Hi Neil, they were Basking Sharks. We saw 4 in total, ranging from 14-20+ foot long. Its a little unnerving when an 18ft shark starts rubbing itself on your kayak and circling you! Luckily for us they only eat plankton :lol:

great pics Tiff do a bit of Canadian canoing recently and loved it. Now looking for a grumman 17 footer.

Lovelly pics mate but as a more or less non swimmer it looks a but hairy for me.

Those sharks were on TV news today, to get that close must be a bit special.

A

yea saw them sharks on our local news last night , they look bloody dangerous but apperently they only eat little planktons

I kinda persue it mate, but i do in in the middle of winter, in alot harsher weather and i never get in any water over 10 foot deep,

Oh forgot to say, i do it armed aswell :lol:

PIC00574.jpg

I kinda persue it mate, but i do in in the middle of winter, in alot harsher weather and i never get in any water over 10 foot deep,

Oh forgot to say, i do it armed aswell :lol:

PIC00574.jpg

Ha! Made I larf...

I paddle a bit; usually rivers but occasionally in the sea. Couldn't call myself a bona fide sea kayaker though.

Agreed the Nova Craft is lovely and ideal for the kind of canoeing I have in mind - family and kitchen sink!

Grumman is all ally and slightly tougher though - same price range :lol:

nice pics man,

im a paddler myself, slalom,whitewater, freestyle and kayaksurf mainly

started a bit of distance stuff for fitness lately... the sea stuff is very scenic all right, i brought the missus out a few times..

Tiff,

I'm of the age group whose sea swimming was ruined by seeing Jaws at a young age.

Be interested to hear your emotions between spotting 'shark's fin - type unknown' and IDing as 'sharks' fin - Basking shark'!

Great pictures Tiff,

plenty sea kayaking going on around here to.

We also have quite a few Basking sharks around, the blue sharks are mostly a bit out.

My rule with sharks is, if the water is warmer than normal beware.

This picture was taken by a visitor, he didn't even dare to hold the camera over the side.

edi

CIMG5120.jpg

Archived