Spuhr sct-3001- tikka m595

Can anyone tell me if its possible to fit the tikka dedicated spuhr mount to an m595 action? 

Appreciate it's designed for the t3, but believe dovetail width the same between the two actions. Wondering whether it would be too long for the shorter m595 action, but interested in anyone's direct experience. 

I don’t have experience of using the mount on an M595. I do have experience with the mount. 

Having looked at the photographs available online I see that the dovetail is interrupted over the ejection port. The dovetails appear to be lower to the bolt centre and as such the mount would hinder brass ejection. 

6 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

I don’t have experience of using the mount on an M595. I do have experience with the mount. 

Having looked at the photographs available online I see that the dovetail is interrupted over the ejection port. The dovetails appear to be lower to the bolt centre and as such the mount would hinder brass ejection. 

Ah, ok. That would make sense

Thanks for taking the time to look into it and giving a reply. How do you find it on the T3, would you recommend it? 

I really like it on the T3 and would definitely recommend it, however I have had to take mine off and replace with a picatinny rail.  Unfortunately the 34mm model doesn't fit my day scope and interferes with the turret housing so I have had to forgo the 30mm model as well.  I was using them to swap from digital NV to day scope. I just can't get on with the image from a digital scope  for day use.  I have both the 30mm and 34mm models sat on the shelf and can't bring myself to move them on because I like them so much. Its like I am waiting for something to magically change on the day scope for it to fit, which I know isn't going to happen. But rest assured they are a great mount and look good as well. 

4 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

I really like it on the T3 and would definitely recommend it, however I have had to take mine off and replace with a picatinny rail.  Unfortunately the 34mm model doesn't fit my day scope and interferes with the turret housing so I have had to forgo the 30mm model as well.  I was using them to swap from digital NV to day scope. I just can't get on with the image from a digital scope  for day use.  I have both the 30mm and 34mm models sat on the shelf and can't bring myself to move them on because I like them so much. Its like I am waiting for something to magically change on the day scope for it to fit, which I know isn't going to happen. But rest assured they are a great mount and look good as well. 

To be truthful, I've actually bought one and it arrived today. Without immediately pulling either my t3 or m595 set ups apart to try it for size,  I reckon your point about the ejection port is likely correct. Makes me wonder whether the m590 would take it, as i believe that has full length rails down both sides. 

As an aside, can anyone tell me what the difference is between an M590 and an M595 action, apart from the size of the ejection port, please?

Pete