.338 Lapua magnum.

sean c

Hi Dave,

I've just got back from the international plod comp.I used 338 Lapua with 250 grain scenars. This comp is fairly short range - out to 500m but the ground is open. As the targets were small the wind drift advantage was a very big help.......along with the USO sn9 which negated the need for a spotting scope.

Hi Dave,

i have a couple of customers who saw you using the .338 to good effect in the comp. Do you know them ? its Derek and Geoff i believe ?

I rebarrelled Dereks gun, earlier this year, and Geoff, s is still at proof, so he had to borrow a gun.

Hope you had a good time.

Hi Dave,

Yup, know Derek, Geoff and Kim, they are great people. After the sighting in session at the comp (comp starts the following day) we went to my range and had a play with pistols and carbines.

The BORS on Dereks rifle was most impressive.

Something on 338, our timmings during the comp were mailnly 5 shots in 2 mins or 2 shots in 20 seconds. There is no problem with 338 to get the shots off accurately well within them times and I am small. I do think 338 has an image of being a big recoil round but it is not, at least not in an AIAWSM. I think it is an accurate, easy to load for excellent round in the wind.

David.

Well a small man might utilise the apendage as a "ground anchor", to control the recoil. ;):D:D

Well a small man might utilise the apendage as a "ground anchor", to control the recoil. :D:D:D

some type of monopod comes to mind ;)

Archived