Rifle tripod buying advice.

I'm looking to buy a tripod for rifle use. I don't want one with a hog saddle. I will use it exclusively with an arca rail.

I don't want one with a central post either or any more than 3 sections, probably carbon fibre but want one tall enough, I'm 6'3". I'd have to buy sight unseen but I'm not overly familiar with the different options. 

It seems on a casual look around shooting specific tripods seem to cost a lot more than photography ones. Is there any reason for that? If you were to buy a good quality photography tripod and head with plenty of weight capacity built in does it amount to the same thing?

Also for those that have used both, what would you recommend. A ball head or levelling base?

Any specific kits, makes/models or tripods and heads separately would be appreciated. Or ones to avoid! Shooting specific or photography. Many thanks.

Scott country 260 rip’s edition with arca rail option. RRS really right stuff tripods or Manfrotto camera tripods . Need to be in the 12 or 16 pounds range depending on your rifle. You’ll need a strong clamping ball head to hold the weight of the rifle too. It’s going to be pricey but buy good gear first time and you’ll love the stability. Chripstripod.thumb.jpg.edc3cf6f058a00e31e47193b3c541f4e.jpgeers 

Personally I use a Gitzo Traveler and medium Gitzo ball head. It fits into my rucksack. If size and weight is not a concern Craig (CTP) went with this.  You can find his detailed review on our fb site 

IMG_6661.thumb.png.28abfcbbd857737063b7692cf8521a52.png

Link to the tripod:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/INNORELTechnologiesCoLtd/INNORELTechnologiesCoLtd/page/81CBDA13-CF4F-495C-A501-5DA085E913E0?channel=Store

I also was in fotoskoda in Prague the other week and saw this: a gimbal head is worth considering as it puts the CofG over the pivot point. It’s over £1k though.

IMG_6660.thumb.jpeg.47cd66147123af2913c08c1dc3d451f7.jpeg