PRS - At Bisley 2023 & 2024

5 minutes ago, Roy W said:

Probably more commercial common sense that Politics.

The NRA needs to have income to run the ranges and infrastructure, why would they have a middle man?

A middle man with experience and knowledge of running the type of course of fire. Beats me why they would want that 😂 

2 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

A middle man with experience and knowledge of running the type of course of fire. Beats me why they would want that 😂 

I suppose if Josh ran it, everyone would need to be a member of his Home Office club? Wasn't that the issue when he did the training?

Clearly the NRA have picked it up and run with it, they simply won't want someone else to benefit financially from it.

2 hours ago, Roy W said:

I suppose if Josh ran it, everyone would need to be a member of his Home Office club? Wasn't that the issue when he did the training?

Clearly the NRA have picked it up and run with it, they simply won't want someone else to benefit financially from it.

You have hit the nail on the head. It’s come down to money again. 

I think it is a good thing that there is potentially a new PRS range in the South of England.

It's the NRA's range, so they should run it.

When the trial event took place I wonder whether there was any agreement that Josh could continue running it? I doubt it.

Personally I think people should embrace the expansion and get behind them, but unfortunately the British shooting community always seem to find something to moan about.

The NRA is a charity and The National Shooting Centre is a business. They have to pay wages, tax, National Insurance, Pensions, insurance, upkeep, gas, electric, water and all the assorted costs involved in businesses. Of course they have to make money, otherwise the place will close.

I wish them well and will attend their training and competitions.

Can only be a good thing for the steel plate shooting community

Makes perfect sense to run competitions in house - adds another provider to choose from 

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

Can only be a good thing for the steel plate shooting community

Makes perfect sense to run competitions in house - adds another provider to choose from 

Yes it does make sense to run in house with no middleman, that should in theory make or cheaper for us shooters.

BUT all providers need to be pulling in the same direction and working together and not trying to establish a monopoly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1st NRA PRS match was held this weekend with the CoF being created by the GBPRA and MD'd by Jack from GBPRA.

Loads of new PRS shooters there! Was good to see! Shame the fog played havoc with the beginning and end of the match and we had to cut two stages.

Should be good next year with mention of more training events and matches as well as the ability to book some lanes for individual or club practice 👌

20231202_115329_resized.thumb.jpg.f3ee4e5d550e3742b6b402667dc69261.jpg20231202_094516.thumb.jpg.806983d0683b02903efb6c2deadc627c.jpg20231202_121320.thumb.jpg.99dc5ef87f19e4997a51e39b32e499b3.jpg

6 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

Never shot PRS but always thought the challenge was targets at unknown distances - difficult to run on a formal range with fixed firing-points and bullet-catchers - so how was this achieved at Bisley?

Steel plates laid on hangers on the range floor. All shot from the 1000yd firing point