Fun on the range with my daughter.

ds1

I think getting kids into shooting is most important. It’s different for me as I have my own range and I let a junior club use it for free. However it seems like shooting sports are being cut off at the knees and everything is being done to stop young people participating.

With that in mind a few pics of my 10 year old daughter barricade shooting with mp5, Krink and Ar15. A nice fun way to spend a Saturday.

Mp5 (9mm so can be used on plates - barricades meets steel challenge). 
IMG_6133.jpeg.a5c36387cd5b3f9e9e44dbd81c038474.jpeg

IMG_6135.jpeg.24061a0d0a2bc86e1d067bdbc35359d4.jpeg

The Krink and AR 15 have to be shot on paper as I am not happy about shooting steels at 50m with rifle calibers.

Krink (5.45x39)

IMG_6136.thumb.jpeg.0d85d70af08d68d91ef00d80b48c41a2.jpeg

Ar15 223 Rem.

IMG_6138.thumb.jpeg.e5d02eefa3a98f05eba057b5a000ef9e.jpeg

IMG_6134.jpeg

IMG_6137.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Dellboy said:

The future of the shooting sport is the youngsters   sadly some clubs dont seem to realise that ...

I'm not sure clubs are anti-youngsters;

We want youngsters at our club and do have some, problem is keeping their interest when they're teenagers.  We used to run a youth section and it was well attended but not one graduated to the adult section.  It was before my time so I don't fully know why but it wasn't because of any resistance from the adults. Joining a club that's full of +50yr old "grandads" isn't very appealing I guess.

We strive to attract younger members (our club is free to under 16s and 50% concession for over 16s but in education), the truth is that the younger generations have been brought up with, if not fear of, certainly negative feelings towards shooting.

18 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

I'm not sure clubs are anti-youngsters;

We want youngsters at our club and do have some, problem is keeping their interest when they're teenagers.  We used to run a youth section and it was well attended but not one graduated to the adult section.  It was before my time so I don't fully know why but it wasn't because of any resistance from the adults. Joining a club that's full of +50yr old "grandads" isn't very appealing I guess.

We strive to attract younger members (our club is free to under 16s and 50% concession for over 16s but in education), the truth is that the younger generations have been brought up with, if not fear of, certainly negative feelings towards shooting.

well we must do our best   i have a budding 6 year old grandson desperate to shoot .  airgun in the garden time i guess .

3 hours ago, geek said:

Some clubs may have an insurance limitation for junior shooters. The first club I joined if I recall correctly the minimum age was 14.

Not if they're insured through NRA or NSRA.  There are FAC rules pertaining to youngsters but they are not a problem for clubs using club equipment.

• 3 weeks later...