Moderator on Match rifle?

I'm thinking of having a go at Match rifle in the any rifle class, just wondering if moderators are allowed? The Bible doesn't say either way

Reading the rules on MR rifles it would appear sound moderators are not specifically prohibited. It would come down to whether it is considered a muzzle brake or not by virtue of it's recoil reducing effects and what happens if it weighs over 200gm.

If you don't ask beforehand and it isn't allowed when you turn up to a match it should be easy to remove to make the rifle compliant.

Well I emailed via the generic email address but no response yet

I may just see what happens, if they say no they'll only regret the extra muzzle blast even without the brake 😁

...In the end, I had a go at 1000y on Saturday and accuracy was decidedly worse without the mod, I also got an answer from the NRA which was basically no.

However I realised F class is shooting alongside so I entered that instead (just wanted to have a go at 1100/1200 for a laugh). I'll attempt not to disgrace myself, no fancy front rest and probably no rear rest 🤞

300prc so it'll be f open

Judging by past scores (or lack of) it doesn't appear to be popular, I'm guessing because it's not a 'normal' distance. It's a shame because there aren't that many opportunities to shoot 1100/1200.

13 hours ago, Mat said:

300prc so it'll be f open

Judging by past scores (or lack of) it doesn't appear to be popular, I'm guessing because it's not a 'normal' distance. It's a shame because there aren't that many opportunities to shoot 1100/1200.

Did you have to do all the HME stuff?

My 300PRC load is well over the Bisley HME limit. I haven't used it at Bisley but the HME procedure sounds a bit tedious/laborious.

Yeah having done the HME check quite a few times, I don't find it that bad, I see it as a free go on zero range.

Basically I make sure I turn up at the office before it opens, grab a card and sign in, wander over to the zero range to claim a spot. Start at 8:00 stick 3 shots in the box and head back to get it signed then you're GTG. The key is to turn up early. Also don't put 3 shots in the same hole!