Barrel cleaning advice

Trigger73

Can anyone recommend products needed for cleaning the barrel on my CF's?  I have a one piece rod already for my rimfires so I'm guessing i'm going to need to stock up on calibre specific patches, bronze brushes, jags etc?  Does anyone do I decent kit (not parker hale) and where is a good place to look online, or will I have to buy separate products...cheers

I use Pro-shot brushes and patches and their non-brass jag as that helps in the identification of the removal of genuine copper fouling.  "Wipeout Tactical Advantage" is excellent but I suppose many of the leading brands work too.  Boretech copper remover works well as does KG2 bore polish (a rare treat for my barrels, not a regular thing).  The right size rod and guide is a must to avoid flexing - again I prefer the Pro-shot polished stainless steel rods

Another recommendation for pro-shot products. You’ll need calibre specific jags brushes and patches . Tipton and Dewey do good rods too . 
KG product s or shooters choice solvents work well for me. 
Try spud 1967 , or Hannams .

Might be worth looking at the newer non brass type rods and jag’s which won’t show false blue ie copper coming off the brass parts . 
Fully agree with big al in pro shot 30 cal brushes as they are very loose compared to the equivalent Parker hale ones . 
What about nylon brushes?? 

Many ways to skin this cat 🐈. As others a quality bore guide and rod are essential, my preference is for Tipton carbon rods. They do decent bore guides too but I also have others. A bore guide can become a crutch though. Cleaning rest are another good idea. Patches I tend to cut from role and cleaning products I tend to use Forrest bore foam and Boretech carbon and then copper remover ( in that order), with an alcohol degreaser between the applications. 

Borescopes can be cheap (Teslong) and will show you if your process is working or not or if specific areas need cleaning - like removing a carbon ring. It’s not the first thing that I would buy but are cheap enough these days.

I also dump what I can into an ultrasonic cleaner but caution with some finishes.

5 hours ago, Ariel45 said:

I recommend KG #12 Copper Solvent for routine cleaning of your barrel. I use this myself after every range trip, I get an amazing result each time I use it.

Yep used this too but very little copper comes out after the kg carbon liquids been used first . Just using the carbon cleaner mostly nowadays.