Scope rings height

No i deer

You would probably need to decide on which manufacturer of the rings you are going to use and check the relevant heights of those rings as there is no 'standard' when it comes to ring height designation.   Most manufacturers will have guidance on their websites as to the dimensions of the various heights they offer.

30mm Diameter Body Tube Medium Range For 15mm and 17mm dovetails up to 50mm lens diameter (on most rifles) Includes removable arrestor pin.

PLEASE NOTE SUITABLE 15MM DOVETAILS E.G. CZ527 & TIKKA T3 WILL MEASURE APPROXIMATELY 17MM AT THE WIDEST POINT (TOP).  SUITABLE 17MM  DOVETAILS E.G. CZ550 & CZ557 WILL MEASURE APPOXIMATELY 19MM AT THE WIDEST POINT (TOP) A B C Dimensions Explained.  Sportsmatch mounts 

I like too have my rings even on the scope body..

I sold a scope then put this leupold on that has a smaller objective lens hence the clearance..

I can find the 30mm high reach forward rings but can't seem too find them in medium..

I don't want a big gap  

If the eye relief is good for you I’d stick with what you’ve got. Just make sure the cases eject ok . Or as I do pick them out individually and put them in a pocket so the farmer doesn’t get upset that his sheep might ingest some metal . Anything for an easy stress free time . 

Eye relief seemed ok shouldering the rifle but I probaly won't know until I take some prone shots.

The s tac is in almost the identical position as the leupold was..

The fast focus eye piece is just a little further out now too get the reticle crisp..

All my scopes are like that..

My eyes getting older.

It might pay to put a small piece of insulation tape on the turret just incase the ejecting cases scratch the turret cap..

Maybe the extra height from a high mount would be better after all if it helps the case ejection..!!

Next height up would allow scope covers to be fitted? . I only use front cover with my drops taped to it . I’ve fitted a picatinny rail to the 17 hmr and used same size mounts so have a 1/2” gap to the barrel but I just put all the details into StrelokPro and print off a card with the reticle info . Hope alls gone to plan today . 
cheersC51B6A43-0726-4D4C-B863-7FB2282D2086.thumb.jpeg.9e412b5f5565d32ae2ea2199f4fd89bf.jpeg49E558F1-B3BE-46F6-828C-7D5B83053E1B.thumb.jpeg.8553e1be0bd09bbe8a8c95dd016d8e3a.jpeg