Pard DS35

Scotch_egg

I’ve just received a Pard DS35. I’ve been waiting for a digital NV scope with a higher base mag forever.

Most come 3.5 magnification because it suits European boar hunters or American coyote hunters calling yotes in close. 

I believe the actual magnification has been measured at closer to 8. All I know is, that it works for me. 

the onboard IR is phenomenal at 200m and I’ll not be shooting foxes at longer distances at night. Just not my thing and my ground doesn’t allow it. 

mounts are a little high for this rifle but it allows me to swap and change. The scope is tiny and weighs very little. 

I bought from Blackwood outdoors with rapid over night shipping included in the price. 

ukvarminting has become very target orientated but I had to give this scope a shout out because I’m bowled over by its performance. 

8E1A78E8-48AD-4B0F-B52B-6761F4930C17.jpeg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Where would you prefer the IR to be?

If it's mounted in the typical manner with some sort of clamp assembly onto the tube body of the scope then all that happens is that there is less space on the tube body to adjust the position of the scope on the rifle.

I too did not like the look of the DS35 when  first saw it, but having handled it and used it, I get what PARD were trying to do and applaud them for their creative solution to an old problem

Given the number already sold (into the hundreds) and the overwhelmingly positive reception it has had, it seems that most people are not bothered by the location of the IR and LRF

Cheers

Bruce

8 hours ago, ukhornet said:

hopefully Pard will bring out one without the horrible IR on front

As per Bruce’s post. The IR is works where it is. It has to go somewhere. 

The IR isn’t in a nice hood like the Pulsar range finder scopes. It’s also hundreds of pounds cheaper. 

There is no need to clamp an after market IR onto the scope. In hand it’s not noticed.

14 hours ago, phoenix said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Where would you prefer the IR to be?

If it's mounted in the typical manner with some sort of clamp assembly onto the tube body of the scope then all that happens is that there is less space on the tube body to adjust the position of the scope on the rifle.

I too did not like the look of the DS35 when  first saw it, but having handled it and used it, I get what PARD were trying to do and applaud them for their creative solution to an old problem

Given the number already sold (into the hundreds) and the overwhelmingly positive reception it has had, it seems that most people are not bothered by the location of the IR and LRF

Cheers

Bruce

would prefer No IR  and so would a lot of others

In that case,you and all the people who want a day/night scope without anything to spoil its aesthetics can buy a no wifi/no IR Pulsar C50 or a HIK Alpex and not use the supplied IR

Cheers

Bruce

ukhornet , I'm with you ... I'm guessing it's a great bit of kit however it seems a silly means of attachment . If they had placed a picatinny rail there to attach the supplied IR or as in most cases your own after market IR it would have made more sense . If the IR can be removed then a main tube mounted IR could be used and an aftermarket IR could be mounted without any obstruction .

OSOK

The main tube on the DS35 is unobstructed so you can, if you wish fit an aftermarket IR

Frankly, I don't think that will be necessary.

I have measured the power output of the DS35 IR and it's around 65% higher than the early 008s with the IR power upgrade

I doubt there are many aftermarket IRs that will illuminate long range targets much better than the DS35 onboard IR

Cheers

Bruce

Once you have one in your Hands it make perfect sense to have everything built in to the Scope, I'm with Bruce on this. I was out the other evening with the DS35 not mounted to a Rifle just Hand held, I could clearly see Hares out past 400 yards, Then discovered you can Spot and flood the beam by pulling in and out, Something that I didn't see in Chris Parkins review,

and I have to disagree with that review saying the the onboard IR is only good for 150 metres, I could quite happily Id and shoot a Fox @ 250 - 300 yards with the onboard IR, If anything it's too powerful close in at say 40 yards, So if your a Ratter with a Air rifle maybe just a good old T20 LED based torch would be enough and give a clearer Image.

I have yet to test the Ballistic calculator, but I'm sure it will work fine, it's just a case of entering the correct data. I bought this to go on a FX Impact M3.25 FAC Air rifle and it will be perfect for that, in the meantime I will stick it on my 22.250 too see what it's like on a Rifle. I have looked through enough NV units to know it's Pretty good value for Money, even if it does look like the Star ship enterprise:)

On 12/21/2022 at 9:52 AM, phoenix said:

In that case,you and all the people who want a day/night scope without anything to spoil its aesthetics can buy a no wifi/no IR Pulsar C50 or a HIK Alpex and not use the supplied IR

Cheers

Bruce

Bruce i had C50 but sold it on after a week as its to heavy for my needs

Bloody hell I missed the fact you can focus the IR from flood to spot. I’ll have to get out and give that a go. It’s already brilliant. 

@OSOK there is a non IR and rangefinder model that I am sure will be released. I know you like your long range night forays. However for the general population 200m as standard this will be perfect. 

• 8 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, Scotch_egg said:

I’ve just received a Pard DS35. I’ve been waiting for a digital NV scope with a higher base mag forever.

Most come 3.5 magnification because it suits European boar hunters or American coyote hunters calling yotes in close. 

I believe the actual magnification has been measured at closer to 8. All I know is, that it works for me. 

the onboard IR is phenomenal at 200m and I’ll not be shooting foxes at longer distances at night. Just not my thing and my ground doesn’t allow it. 

mounts are a little high for this rifle but it allows me to swap and change. The scope is tiny and weighs very little. 

I bought from Blackwood outdoors with rapid over night shipping included in the price. 

ukvarminting has become very target orientated but I had to give this scope a shout out because I’m bowled over by its performance. 

8E1A78E8-48AD-4B0F-B52B-6761F4930C17.jpeg

Great scopes mate, I have the ds35/50

brill scope love the easy setup