Anyone got a part box of 105g 6mm Berger VLD hunting?

The next request might be a spare sako 75 ppc magazine! Seriously though, that’s  a kind offer as I want to try some different bullets. I’m worried there is an issue with a new barrel.  Please pm a price and details, and I’ll get back to you tmrw night

Snakeman - I’m struggling with a newly barrelled 6mm creedmore - it’s an 8 twist brux so should work.  Thanks for the photo showing the excellent group.  Ive tried all powder charges up to 3200fps using viht 150.  I’m worried as my other loads for 243 / 270 seemed easy to tune. It hasnt grouped and I’ve checked all screws etc.  

Hmmm, not familiar with Creed cartridge....but for 90g and above bullet weight I use N140 in the BR....If I were you I wouldn't faf around swapping and changing bullets just yet, especially if you have a decent supply of them - persevere, but try N140 instead of 150 ....

What pissed me off about it is my group with the 103g ELD-X only came together after 2 boxes of load development, thereby I believed I had forked out hard earned cash for a bullet that I thought wasn't going to work, (whereas I can usually find the node in half a box) - not so with the ELD-X  😟...I bought them only because I couldn't get hold of the 95g SMK

It took a while to get there, 230 odd rounds or so, and playing with seating-depth - so yes, I did find the ELD-X finicky, extremely so - no pun intended

Pointless me listing the actual seating-depth etc...but, my charge in a 6BR is - 27.2g of N140

Persevere, and give the barrel (and yourself) a chance

ATB 

Thanks for letting me know - I can shoot in the .3 region with other rifles but these are an inch! I can’t even find a node to then start on seating depth. Some of the SD’s are great but not the groups.

do you think I should try my best load (which is still crap) and persevere just through seating depth? 

how finicky was it on charge grains?

I know it’s not a Creedmoor, but N150 works great in my 6br, 29.3grains at recommended COAL, I don’t worry about adjusting seating depth too much, especially when bullets holes are touching. 
I’ve always found Amax to be very easy to get shooting accurately, never used them for hunting, but I believe, by all accounts, they expand well. Don’t know why Hornady stopped making them. 

Hope you’ve checked the Vihtavuori app for 6 creed  as with n150 at35 grain max the fps is 2800 ish  the more exotic powders will push the 3000+ . Maybe expecting too much from your powder . Hope it don’t sound too patronising. Good luck 

This is 5 shot group at 100 yards in 6 br using viht 150@30.1 gn br4 primer I’m currently addressing seating depth these are sat @1”848 ogive to headstamp 

244E94AC-BB0C-4E75-958C-21CDBFB91070.jpeg

Count out the low hole and your spot on . Had some issues lately with my 308 being all over the place until I realised the scopes not quite squared up , sorted it out then  started  using the digital bubble by mdt / lra and groups came back to normal ragged holes of one calibre centre to centre  . I’d be very happy with the size of the group you shot . Cheers 

Thanks I was doing load development as my previous charge of viht 150@31.0 was blowing primers, I had headspace issues but this is sorted now this is at 1000 yard firing point at Diggle Range 

1EEA0B55-4FC4-416A-97DC-142983029427.jpeg