Picattiny Torque Settings

pengo

Is there a standard torque setting for picattiny rail screws on any rifle, or are they manufacturer specific?

I have a Sabatti rifle, but there isn't any information I can find about this; and the factory is closed for the Summer, as is most of Italy manufacturing.....

Spuhr mounts say 2.5NM for scope bolts and 4.5NM for the mount to pic rail .

Not sure about others makes but it’ll be a decent starting point for the rail tension . Scope tension may vary make to make as spuhr has a six bolt clamp compared to the normal 4 bolt design s . 
cheers

20 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Spuhr mounts say 2.5NM for scope bolts and 4.5NM for the mount to pic rail .

Not sure about others makes but it’ll be a decent starting point for the rail tension . Scope tension may vary make to make as spuhr has a six bolt clamp compared to the normal 4 bolt design s . 
cheers

I think 4.5 Nm is very tight.  I think you refer to the clamp bolts onto the pic rail where in fact the OP asks for rail to action screws.

Typical 6-48x1/4" Torx 10 would be 15~18 inch pounds force or 2Nm with loctite.

Not tight enough will result in a loose scope, easily fixed however over tight may result in an expensive repair.

I used two small dollops of Loctite super glue (away from the holes) on my 6.5x47, and just squinched the 4 bolts up finger tight with a small screwdriver.

Pete

6 hours ago, Richiew said:

How about this from tikka . Loctite 638 sparingly along top of action to bond it in place ,screws to 2.5NM or 22 inch pounds . image.thumb.jpg.41177d62d5579d06d5b1b0fd3632a202.jpg

Thanks Richiew.

That seems something like it. Although I was going to go with 15 inch pounds and use Loctite 2 blue for the screws.

I will call the importer tomorrow and find out if they have any ideas, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers. Paul.