Magnetospeed V3 Problem

Bought new, fired once, would not collate adjusted sensitivity to "5" and the screen is permanently stuck on "Setting Thresholds" when you boot it on ... any clues, no answer yet from the manufacturer ... and the seller does not do Mondays... 

20 minutes ago, Gazza0208 said:

Bought new, fired once, would not collate adjusted sensitivity to "5" and the screen is permanently stuck on "Setting Thresholds" when you boot it on ... any clues, no answer yet from the manufacturer ... and the seller does not do Mondays... 

try taking the batteries out and waiting 30 seconds before refitting and see it'll boot up correctly

"Did you plug it into the bayonet and the unit 🤔." Now that is taking the mick a bit...

Oh yes I did all the correct things,  I have had many of these, but left them in the USA when I came back, got to admit this is the fourth one the second of this model...and problems are never ending...so never again... the after service is non-existent 

1 minute ago, English Rifleman said:

Just send it back

Emailed them Last week still waiting a reply it was picked up Thursday....as we have receipts on all work stuff...they are really bad always have been...sure there is a reason but the "agents" here dont give a damn they are just brokers really...shame they cant reply as quick as they take the money. !!

Getting a real feel its a bit on the edge of falling down the black hole...you can get bits here in the UK but my mates stateside you can't get a thing, and three guys I spoke to yesterday over there have "Given up", so its questionable...we will see, I heard back today from them and that Old Chestnut of an IT employee, "turn it on and then turn it off" ... LMAO... for £400 is that it...really!!

Whoever sold it to you (assuming a dealer/shop) is responsible and is legally obliged to fix it or refund the dosh.

Try reset system?? bottom of page 7 in the manual . And a brand new battery, mine played silly buggers even though battery was ok for other gadgets. Could use 2x cr123s to check if it’s battery problem . 9v batt should be an alkaline one. Main menu then battery menu/ state , needs to be very close to a full 9volt . Good luck 

• 3 weeks later...

Gazza hello,

Was there a happy ending to the problem with your Magnetospeed?

The symptoms are odd, but if the device reboots to the same point ("Setting Thresholds") each time that it is powered on, even after you have taken the battery out, then it looks like the firmware is corrupt.

You might want to try reloading the firmware using the instructions from the Magnetospeed site:  https://magnetospeed.com/faqs/question/view/id/1234/  It's pretty straightforward. 

It was a coincidence finding this, as I've just finished updating the firmware on my V3.

I hope this helps, cheers Austen (aka GunnerOne)