7mm Rem Mag Donar Rifle/Action

I want a semi custion rifle in 7mm Rem Mag or even 7wsm but cant afford a full custon so has or does anyone know of a suitable action/rifle i can use? Must have a detach mag, saftey that locks the bolt and pref stainless.

Ideally Sako or Tikka

Guest dasherman

I have a new Sako 691 Mag action with trigger and floorplate. Its in the white. I've built a 7mm Rem Mag on one before and had that one hard dull nickel plated [looks like stainless] £350

Dasherman if it was a detach mag i would have it but i want away from floorplate. just dont like em. lol

WSM Ive found a 270wsm but its an 85!

ive sourced 2 Tikka 695's for the rem mag. but both are blued...

So at the mo i cant find anthing that fits the bill 100% so unless someone can build a custom at sensible money with the stainless detach mag and locking bolt safety i may have to go blues action.

Mildot

If you manage to find a Sako 75 wsm action to use I`ve got a spare Mcmillan marble stock that`ll fit ;)

you have pm

mark

Hi Gav

Why not have the barrel and action Duracoated stainless? I think James (kaliederscope) can match the Sako finish? or something along those lines, it's worth asking the question.

sounds about right for a savage. The new ones can have DBM, come in stainless, and a 3-position safety. And, if you decide the 7 mag isn't what you want, a quick barrel change and you're in any of the other magnum boltface rounds. A quick bolthead change and you're into about anything else you want. And, you can do it all at home (barrel/cartridge swap included). Not to mention they are pretty inexpensive.

Thanks,

Rick

Dasherman if it was a detach mag i would have it but i want away from floorplate. just dont like em. lol

So at the mo i cant find anthing that fits the bill 100% so unless someone can build a custom at sensible money with the stainless detach mag and locking bolt safety i may have to go blues action.

Mildot,

You could have the blued actions chemically stripped and hard chromed like dasherman says or ELECTROLESS NICKEL PLATING that you can do yourself.

Its a much tougher finish then Duracoat and maybe cheaper.

Ian

I have a stainless steel Howa 1500 WSM action in a Hogue stock, also have a custom made wooden stock to fit to it, never got around to re-barrelling it as yet.

It has floorplate mag though.

The rifle is as new, but will need a barrel change (basically the bolt closes on a No Go guage) with the current tube.

looks like i may be going with a 270wsm i have poss 2 to choose. just waiting for wsm to get back to me with detail, but still open to ideas.

p.s thanks for ideas etc so far.

A deal has been struck on a Sako 85 stainless 270wsm.

So thanks to everyone for their input/suggestions and advice much appreciated.

So does anyone have a sweet load they use with a 150gr bullet???

Archived