Load development question.

Guys.

Im getting a 300PRC for the primary reason of hitting steel at 1 mile. For that I think I'll use 230g Bergers. Now sometime next year I might need to get my 6.5CM rebarreled so for a few weeks I'll use the 300PRC for plinking at Bisley.  If you were an old man like I would you develop an "out to 1000y" load with something like 200g berger to save your shoulder or should I save money and man up!

7 hours ago, The Gun Pimp said:

Your 300 PRC barrel life will be limited. You could easily waste 10% barrel-life developing a load - don't develop two loads! And don't waste it plinking!   If you want to 'save your shoulder' get a RAD recoil reducer fitted.

Cheers.

Yeah, swap plinking for load development. At 45-50p per shot for powder, a few pence saved for a 'budget' bullet isn't worth it.

That said, I've had good results with the 230 grain A-tip, but I'm saving those for >1000y so I've got 220 grain Bergers as my 'budget' bullets 😁

Try MME Custom Rifle Bullets (http://mmeriflebullets.co.uk).

You have the Wimbledon Match, Mistral and Mistral-T to choose from.

The Wimbledon Match is his equivalent of a Sierra Match King, available in flat base or rebated boat-tail.

The Mistral are a hybrid ogive bullet like many Berger bullets, but with a rebated boat-tail,

Finally the Mistral-T, which is an aluminium alloy-tipped version of the Mistral as far as I can remember.

Peter Watson will make, within reason, any weight of the above you want.

6 minutes ago, BlueBoy69 said:

Try MME Custom Rifle Bullets (http://mmeriflebullets.co.uk).

You have the Wimbledon Match, Mistral and Mistral-T to choose from.

The Wimbledon Match is his equivalent of a Sierra Match King, available in flat base or rebated boat-tail.

The Mistral are a hybrid ogive bullet like many Berger bullets, but with a rebated boat-tail,

Finally the Mistral-T, which is an aluminium alloy-tipped version of the Mistral as far as I can remember.

Peter Watson will make, within reason, any weight of the above you want.

Cheers.

Thanks I'll give them a call, but the last time  I tried to order something from them that was supposed to be in stock it wasnt so ive been a bit wary on ordeing from them again.