You can laugh if you want

Vermincinerator

I was 3 away from finishing 100 257 Imp cases the other day when i realised that i had not pushed out the kernel of tumbling media that was trapped in the flash hole :angry:

Had to de-prime them all and each primer had a crushed kernal of corn cob media embedded into it, they were 210 M's as well :lol:

Ian.

This was the exact reason i stopped using the tumbler. I just use really fine wire wool now and it takes seconds per case. Puts a real nice shine on them too. :lol:

Ads

Ultrasonic cleaners clean but they dont polish :D:lol:

Ian.

I'm working on correcting that :lol:. I don't want to give anything away (for obvious reasons...) but simply put by using a suspended media in the solution, it might well be possible to clean and polish :lol: . It's going to take another month or two, but initial results look promising.

I use ceramic media - works ok for me, not yet really happy, but it cleans primer pockets out well without blocking them and does a half-ass job of cleaning the insides. Need to make very sure no ceramic is left in a case - would not do a barrel a world of good.

david.

I use a Lee "Zip Trim" outfit mounted with a 3-jaw chuck to trim my cases. One tug trims the case, I chamfer and deburr, then one more tug with #0000 steel wool. Clean as a whistle with no media mess.

Years ago there was this push amongst local shooters to use jewelers stainless steel "ball and pin" media to clean cases. A customer of mine used it and managed to get a "pin" lodged in the case neck of a very collectible No 1, Mk I .303 service rifle. Despite being a very light cast bullet target load, it blew the head off of the case requiring me to worry the rest of it out for him. Tumbling media of any kind makes me leery.~Andrew

Archived