My new MPX

ds1

My new Sig MPX, basically a 9mm carbine with a few upgrades. The Sig MPX PCC  has a big following in IPSC / Steel Challenge and  USPSA events due to its short stroke gas piston operation. This is what helps it shoot soft and flat. The AR 15 type form factor make it like Lego for adults.

C2EC675C-F8B6-45C2-9850-4D905F102CB7.jpeg.57a7eae8802003f2ca08b303249da849.jpeg

Top of the picture are some of the original parts - hand guard, compensator and charging handle. These have been replaced with a Radian Raptor charging handle and lifter block, Lancer 14” carbon hand guard, Davinci compensator featuring upward ports that significantly reduce muzzle flip  and other upgrades including a BCM front hand hook, Magpul SL stock, Magpul single point sling, Odin extended ambidextrous mag release, Armanov  mag well and Taran Tactical 10 round mag extension (to 40 rounds). Sight is Eotech and an older Surefire x200 light ( it will eventually be replaced by a light / laser and IR combo). 

34AE1F0D-EDCC-4140-8AA1-8CB81C0A8EEA.jpeg.9ded19cdf2fe3c4af518f483d9463c86.jpeg

What does not need upgrading in my opinion is the trigger. From the factory it comes with a Timney trigger, brake  is around 4lbs but reset is brutally fast and positive. I have used under 2lbs trigger in an MPX but the stock 4lbs one is much better for fast shooting.

Lower and I believe upper are forged ( not cast)….denoted by the small square on the  right side of the mag well. Small parts like the bolt head are MIM ( Metal Injection  Moulded, aka Made In Mexico). The design is outstanding, the execution is 90%. On the left hand side of the mag well it is stamped multi cal. Presumably for 357 Sig and 40S&W. I don’t think that they are available yet. 

B542FF98-5293-4494-89A3-AF4738193F9C.jpeg.0cbdcac2d29e4bf5138b918ecc8f68e0.jpeg

The MPX does have a quick change barrel system hence the 6.5” barrel in one of the pictures with the plan in the near future to add an A-ATec pistol suppressor ( minus the booster) and run it as integrally suppressed. This was the main reason for replacing the factory hand guard as the Lancer carbon fibre one has a 43mm ID and the A-Tec has a 34mm OD.

Hopes when finished it will serve a dual purpose as a range and home defence carbine (yes we can here). 

Different MPX, but you get the idea for double taps.

Hopefully the EU will show some sort of reciprocity to the U.K. opening borders. 

Derek, I was shooting it today, thought I was faster than a fast thing, then I let Thomas have a go, that peed in my cornflakes.

12 hours ago, ds1 said:

Hopefully the EU will show some sort of reciprocity to the U.K. opening borders. 

Derek, I was shooting it today, thought I was faster than a fast thing, then I let Thomas have a go, that peed in my cornflakes.

Thomas is a machine and got that advantage on both of us called youth ......

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...