2 hours ago, Andrew said:

They are coming back on the market. I've seen these with US on-line retailers recently. That said, there is no telling when they will hit your shores.~Andrew

That's good to hear.

I was perusing the Nosler website the other day and there seemed to be more available in their webstore. (Not much .224 or .308 cal though)

Scrummy

6 minutes ago, Kipper said:

MME bullets.

Do a 55gr FMJ in .224, and handmade In the UK .. Peter is a gentleman to deal with.

I can't fault them at all. Consistency is fantastic plus cheap as hell, iirc £21 posted per 100

http://www.mmeriflebullets.co.uk/

Thanks KIpper. Will check them out. Not looking for super premium, just range fodder.

Scrummy

You won't find a cheaper more consistent bullet.

I just checked the price list he sent me.

£18 for his 55gr Wimbledon Match.. which is his version off the SMK.

I'm that pleased with his bullets that if your not then I will refund you lol.

36 minutes ago, Kipper said:

You won't find a cheaper more consistent bullet.

I just checked the price list he sent me.

£18 for his 55gr Wimbledon Match.. which is his version off the SMK.

I'm that pleased with his bullets that if your not then I will refund you lol.

Thanks Kipper, when I have shot a bit closer to the last Hornady's off I shall give them a try.

(Kind offer but I'm sure they will be fine and won't need you to guarantee his workmanship ;) )

Scrummy

Hello scrummie, I know the PPU 55gr soft points don't actually suit your barrell, but it might be worth putting a few of the factory FMJ through it. The slightly different bullet characteristics might mean you get lucky.

David.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, saddler said:

Keen to find a decent 55gr FMJ too, without having to raffle a kidney to pay for a box of 100 of them.
WOULD go with the original Hollywood bullet, the Sierra 55gr FMJ as used in development of the M193 round, but the present price of same is on par with some of the SMK variants!
Strangely, for an FMJ, the M193 55gr bullet is listed as a GameKing type = likely for vermin controllers and/or pelt hunters in the US

Not had a huge success with the PPU 55gr - quality control is not too impressive - though not as bad as the QC which I've encountered from some of the RelCom bullets in the final days of Remington being in business

Tried to contact MME the other day - not had a reply yet

Would be keen to try some S&B or other European made 55r FMJ if I can source some

mment340@gmail.com

Is Petes email address at MME. I normally get a reply same day