Scope grip tape?

Richie88

Most are using vet tape. It is cheap, sticks to itself and is easy to attach/remove and doesn’t leave any residue on the scope. It just grips to the scope and onto itself. You can get it in just about any colour and pattern these days. Def helps protect scopes on barricades. 

1577A8AD-B3B6-4BA5-AC82-323579A99F77.jpeg

Richie

Skateboard grip pad is very rough and pretty permanent having experienced putting on and taking this off my son’s skateboards 😥.  Only time I’ve used grip tape on a firearm was on the top of a pistols slide, on a rifles grip think I’d find it a bit too rough 😕.

As per BD’s post, 100 mph tape’s probably you best bet , think it is the tape issued to repair NBC suits ?
Terry

38 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

You could also try helicopter tape. 

Mountain bikers use it to protect their frames from wear and tear. It’s nice because it’s clear and you can see the original finish. 

Cheers. I actually use this tape to protect a very expensive watch clasp. I find it inherently sticky though so may damage upon removal. 

thanks 

1 hour ago, terryh said:

Richie

Skateboard grip pad is very rough and pretty permanent having experienced putting on and taking this off my son’s skateboards 😥.  Only time I’ve used grip tape on a firearm was on the top of a pistols slide, on a rifles grip think I’d find it a bit too rough 😕.

As per BD’s post, 100 mph tape’s probably you best bet , think it is the tape issued to repair NBC suits ?
Terry

Thanks Terry. 
Based on your skateboard experience I’ll give this tape a swerve! Wouldn’t want to damage my £2500 scope! 

• 4 weeks later...

Worth noting that not all physio tape/vet wrap/whatever its branded as is equal. I've used tons on various animal legs amongst other things, latterly on half a dozen pairs of quad sticks; short term they all appear to stick perfectly to themselves and leave zero residue when removed - longer term, some give up wanting to adhere to themselves and start falling off, others start leaching stickiness out of them.

Quickly fixed by...more vet wrap, so no real drama - just dont be surprised if one day you notice your tubes a bit sticky 😉

• 2 months later...