Night vision

gazzarM1

Thinking of sorting myself out with some night vision for occasional use...mainly for vermin ,rabbits and the occasional fox. Thinking of mounting it on a air rifle/rim my and a 223 if there is such a multi tasking type tool.Not wanting to spend a fortune and not bothered if second hand.

Am I seeking the unseekable ?

21 hours ago, gazzarM1 said:

Thinking of sorting myself out with some night vision for occasional use...mainly for vermin ,rabbits and the occasional fox. Thinking of mounting it on a air rifle/rim my and a 223 if there is such a multi tasking type tool.Not wanting to spend a fortune and not bothered if second hand.

Am I seeking the unseekable ?

I bought one of these used https://www.digitalnightstalker.com/product-page/add-ons-1

Its in mt 17 hmr with a sirrus srx torch, it will also slip onto 2 other rifle with out altering anything.

Last week rabbits @ 100m+ no problem. The screen makes panning around a doddle unlike an 007 or the 008lrf+ i have on my .22LR & @ long distance the screen is not an issue, just a different stance req 

In do pleased with it i have considered selling the 008

But not the most comfortable set up to mount

I found it was OK when shooting from a vehicle where I could rest the stock of the rifle on the edge of the window and have the butt against my chest.

Otherwise it was nightmare to use

Cheers

bruce

I have just recently bought a little pard 007 16mm oled thingy and a Solaris laser and it’s the best £500 I have ever spent . 
stuck on the back of a Kahles K525i or my Swarovski X5i it’s just unbelievably good out to 300 m .

it’s just hassle free shooting IMO no chopping and changing scopes or rezeroing 

that impressed I’m getting rid of all my other NV gear 

my advice would be find some way of trying a few out and see what suits you .