Send It Series @ Eskdalemuir 2K Training Range

hellandback

A few places left at our next precision shooting competition, Big SIS for upto 30cal, Little SIS for .22 rimfire. All shooters use the same barricades, but with closer targets for the wee .22's!

Lunch and plenty of laughs guaranteed (you know who you are...) no cliques, no teams, no sponsorship, just honest to god guys and gals having a great time plinking at stuff from some REALLY awkward positions 😉

email me to put your name down senditseries@gmail.com, entry forms will be emailed out the week before the competition and you can bring them with you, along with your entry fee ON THE DAY 😎

BIG SIS  17th oct ad.png

Think I'm down for this shoot, looking fwd to catching up with a few folks.

Question - is there opportunity to 'clear the tubes' / check zero after travelling with rifle?

B&B booked - who else on here's going? Anyone staying over locally Saturday night to grab some food etc.?

'up and down that bloody hill all day killed me!!' 😳, that wasn't in the manual!! 😨 😁 (and there was was thinking 'throw the 22 in a well and shoot both - scratch that, lugging 2 rifles )

Very little walking Tel 

Walking up a steepish bank to firing point is most excursion

Some of the props were awkward for an old git with hip issues to negotiate

Shouldbt bother  anyone really and I say this in gest as my right leg locks up sometimes in confined spaces 

39 minutes ago, terryh said:

Think I'm down for this shoot, looking fwd to catching up with a few folks.

Question - is there opportunity to 'clear the tubes' / check zero after travelling with rifle?

B&B booked - who else on here's going? Anyone staying over locally Saturday night to grab some food etc.?

'up and down that bloody hill all day killed me!!' 😳, that wasn't in the manual!! 😨 😁 (and there was was thinking 'throw the 22 in a well and shoot both - scratch that, lugging 2 rifles )

Yes, you get time to Zero at the start of the day 👍

There are a few travelling up the night before, i believe, some staying in Lockerbie and some in Langholm, not sure about the Sat night though?

Dont worry, you dont have to do the hill as often as me, just once to each stage for the competitors and its not that bad lol, but im MD so i have to oversee ALL squads, all the time, all day, and they are usually spread over at least 4 stages, from the bottom to the bloody top 😫!!!

We have a few guys who are entering both Big and Little SIS, so get on with it...no wussing out on my tab 😅

We are in the town head Hotel at Lockerbie, Tel, but I would think its now full. A stalking pal of mine stops in the Ecclefechan Hotel every fortnight, its cheap, food is good, and they are very welcoming to shooters [its Scotland after all ! ]

Look forward to a catch up old pal.

Dave,

indeed full, I’m in a B&B between Lockerbie and the range.

Actually  booked in for food at the Town Head on the Friday night 😉

looking fwd to some shooting and BS’ing.

T

The distances arnt known till the competitors get the course of fire on booking in - there could be UKD, where you have to range the target prior to shooting using scope (no LRF)

Level playing field - with no advantages for anyone

Last time we shot out to 700 mtr, but could in theory go out way beyond that - all depends how difficult the "Match Director" wants it to be

Guerantee it will be fun though, 

1 hour ago, quicko said:

what are the distances for the longer stages ?. i struggle to get out past 750m locally here and just looking an idea of what will be on offer

regards

Keith 

The comps so far have been out to 1000 but no further - can’t say whether this will always be the case. As Andy said the COF is only released on the day ( which is as it should be to avoid cheating.... I’ll say no more !! 🤭)