300 WSM - Powder recomedation

FB66

Great sages of the forum.

Have a new rifle on its way. Is anyone willing to share a powder recommendation for my 300WSM?

Looking to not fry the lands on the 32inch barrel and planning to shoot 215 Bergers to 600, 900 and 1000 yds

I need to also stand a chance of getting hold of it in the UK  before the NRA / GBFCA comp in Sept.

Thanks

Mike

Given your criteria N165 or N160 would be obvious choices.

without your criteria 

N565

H4350

H4831sc

H1000

IMR 7828ssc

RL23

RL26

RL22

RL25

RS70

RS 62

Not bad for someone who's yet to fire a shot from a .300 WSM, but I do, do my homework 😁

In my f class open rifle RS62 works well I tried RS70 but it's a duel  base powder using nitro can be unstable in high temperature.Im shooting 215 high breds and it works and I'm not the only one finding it's the best.

Good luck in your load  development.

And niel welcome to the wsm dark side ring me any time bud for a chat if you go that way.

Elwood - apologies I should have given more context. Having searched the internet/ powder sites, accurate shooter, full bore, shooters forum, target rifle, etc I had a long list.

Some  RS62, and N165 on its way to me with RL23 on backorder.

Appreciate everyone's help and real-world advice.

Mike

3 hours ago, FB66 said:

Elwood - apologies I should have given more context. Having searched the internet/ powder sites, accurate shooter, full bore, shooters forum, target rifle, etc I had a long list.

Some  RS62, and N165 on its way to me with RL23 on backorder.

Appreciate everyone's help and real-world advice.

Mike

Good choices Mike, let us know how you get on.

Each shot fired with whatever powder erodes barrels. Some do more than others possibly. I have 4400 shots through my CZ 22-250 having used 3 powders and it shoots fine. Not as fast as new for sure. i have read and not done that you may add powder to regain velocity lost via throat erosion. i mitigate the throat roughness with JB Compound seems to help. Your requirment's of accuracy will vary from mine, at this point the CZ will do sub half inch at 100 yds plenty good enough for my usage. Best wishes for good shooting