I tried to take my M55 .223 out to 600 yeards today at Bisley. According to Strelok my 55g bullet should still have been supersonic (1375 f/s) but I tried 3 times and couldnt get any shots to register on the electronic boards. Strelok was bang on with its  vert calc with the .223 @ 300yards and there was very little wind this morning, I did wonder if the scope had moved so checked the rilfe  back at the Zero range but it was fine. Was i just unluckly or getting to the point where the bullet could have started tumbling?

15.1MOA...   However I was shooting Magtech 55g cooking ammo and I do wonder if the printed BC of .272 is a trifle optomistic. If it was say .24 then  that makes very little difference at 300Y but a big difference at 600y (subsonic @600)

Should also say i aimed the last shot deliberately high, so i think the issue was speed rather than aim.

8 hours ago, martin_b said:

15.1MOA...   However I was shooting Magtech 55g cooking ammo and I do wonder if the printed BC of .272 is a trifle optomistic. If it was say .24 then  that makes very little difference at 300Y but a big difference at 600y (subsonic @600)

Should also say i aimed the last shot deliberately high, so i think the issue was speed rather than aim.

I think running a few shots over a chronograph is in order. Perhaps MagTech was doing some creative B.C (BS).  Perhaps create a range card by shooting at assorted distance recording elevation changes and drop. Best wishes for good shooting.

17 hours ago, martin_b said:

I tried to take my M55 .223 out to 600 yeards today at Bisley. According to Strelok my 55g bullet should still have been supersonic (1375 f/s) but I tried 3 times and couldnt get any shots to register on the electronic boards. Strelok was bang on with its  vert calc with the .223 @ 300yards and there was very little wind this morning, I did wonder if the scope had moved so checked the rilfe  back at the Zero range but it was fine. Was i just unluckly or getting to the point where the bullet could have started tumbling?

were you using G1 or G7 form factors in Strelock?  Sounds like a G1 BC which won't be accurate over 3 to 400yds.  It's the wrong form factor for the bullet.  Swap to a G7 and tune the velocity to measured velocity to re-set actual BC and it should sort things out.