Knife kit?

terryh

Gents,

As this is all dragging on a bit and even the reloading & DIY is drying up - anyone ever bought a knife kit or discreet  components and made a knife up?

Any recommendations/links as to what and/or what to avoid in a 1st build?

Thinking along the lines a small full tang e.g. neck, EDC, hunting design.

Cheers T

+1 on the Enzo blanks. I made one up from their basic camp knife, which is also an excellent stalking knife. Its D2 steel and is very sharp and keeps its edge well. Rides in a nice leather sheath I also knocked up myself. 

Don't cut your fingers Terry!

Colin,

Obtained all the parts from these folks: https://www.english-handmade-knives.co.uk/acatalog/Knife_Making_Supplies.html

Very helpful, prompt delivery etc.

Yes, the scales came out OK, took a bit of shaping, they start off like this, was actually a bit worried when the parts were laid out - sort of a ‘WTF’ moment 😯

E386655D-BB2D-476E-96F4-5F94796FF813.thumb.jpeg.f4763a749ca64f2b939cb32a1761ae74.jpeg

3 hours ago, terryh said:

‘This done

3C67BCAD-3790-4D35-B707-0D310CCA7FB4.thumb.jpeg.3f2fc6799408671fd44ce62fccc4c6ed.jpeg

Which wood are the scales made out of? Pretty sure I used kingwood which is similar colour. Like the Damascus blade!!

• 2 years later...