Nv scopes

Furyan

Hi i am looking to change from normal scope to a dedicated nv scope on my 17 Hornet , Upto now i have looked at Sightmark wraith and ATNxsight 4k , Any suggestions on these two nv or any other nv to look at .?

Many thanks Furyan

25 minutes ago, Furyan said:

Hi i am looking to change from normal scope to a dedicated nv scope on my 17 Hornet , Upto now i have looked at Sightmark wraith and ATNxsight 4k , Any suggestions on these two nv or any other nv to look at .?

Many thanks Furyan

Bit more expensive than the two units you have mentioned but I am currently testing a Pulsar Digex with various IR illuminators and its looking very promising. 

9 hours ago, Furyan said:

Blueroll i found a post about Pard008 with 50 dark engine , Is there any videos of this combo i have a 50 blacksun i quite like is the dark engine any better ?

The Pard008 is very good, I have the LRF version which I use with the DE (the DE is much better than your 50 Blacksun) but only use it as a spotter/range unit for confirmation of a doubtful thermal target before shooting with the Thermion and pre-ranging hedges/trees when waiting for Fox. I don`t intend to use it as a weapon sight because I need it for what I have already mentioned, also the mount system and its alleged POI shift, although I am aware of someone on the NV forum who is in the process of bringing a reliable mount onto the market. 

10 hours ago, 17 Rem said:

blueroll speaks much sense. 

I've not tried any other illuminator on mine, but have shot 9 foxes in less than three weeks with it and the supplied illuminator. 

The LL wraith 940nm x2 lens is looking to be the best at the moment, but still waiting for 2 DE`s to arrive from Clive Ward.

2 hours ago, blueroll said:

The LL wraith 940nm x2 lens is looking to be the best at the moment, but still waiting for 2 DE`s to arrive from Clive Ward.

Interesting. Is your Digex the N450?

What distance advantage would you estimate the Ludicrous Lumens Wraith gives you over the supplied illuminator? I would happily consider a LL product but gave up trying to deal with Clive Ward years ago!

17 minutes ago, 17 Rem said:

What distance advantage would you estimate the Ludicrous Lumens Wraith gives you over the supplied illuminator? I would happily consider a LL product but gave up trying to deal with Clive Ward years ago!

Hi 17rem, I bought a LL wraith 850nm x2 for the drone, it is brilliant, has a switch which is reasonably quite compared to others, and a you can turn the power up and down to suit and avoid white out, tried it with my mate's photon rt aswell and it was really good on that also when turning the power level down.

I've not tried the 940nm like blueroll, but can tell you that the wraith 850nm x2 is great , and Andy at ludicrous lumens was a pleasure to deal with, answering and replying to emails pretty much straight away, and was happy to send out mix and match parts(payed for)  to send back for refund after deciding which works best😃, not that I did that as I was sure the 850nm x2 would be good for the drone, and it sure is😃

I have a couple of Night masters 800   Surplus to  requirements  would be happy to sell one or both both are in excellent condition PM me if interested they work very well with digital night vision 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:08 AM, Bob57 said:

Hi 17rem, I bought a LL wraith 850nm x2 for the drone, it is brilliant, has a switch which is reasonably quite compared to others, and a you can turn the power up and down to suit and avoid white out, tried it with my mate's photon rt aswell and it was really good on that also when turning the power level down.

I've not tried the 940nm like blueroll, but can tell you that the wraith 850nm x2 is great , and Andy at ludicrous lumens was a pleasure to deal with, answering and replying to emails pretty much straight away, and was happy to send out mix and match parts(payed for)  to send back for refund after deciding which works best😃, not that I did that as I was sure the 850nm x2 would be good for the drone, and it sure is😃

Can only say what I have tried so far im afraid but I have a feeling the 850nm Wraith from LL will be too much for the Digex and cause whiteout.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:31 AM, 17 Rem said:

Yes mine is the 450 (its only the supplied IR that is different between the 450/455). I have only been able to try out the LL Wraith 940nm out the back window but is easily illuminating trees at a known distance 254 yards, compared to circa 100-150yds with the supplied IR. Also the big advantage with the LL Wraith is the LACK of light spill/reflection back off the moderator, which is terrible with the supplied IR.  

1 hour ago, blueroll said:

Can only say what I have tried so far im afraid but I have a feeling the 850nm Wraith from LL will be too much for the Digex and cause whiteout.

Hi blueroll, yep it might be to much, and I thought the same when we tried it alongside the photon rt but it worked great with that when the power was turned down at closer range then really good when turned back up at long range, exept everything is small at long range with the rt and when you x up the picture gets a bit crap but it was well illuminated, we tried a pbir on the rt one night and that just whited out at all ranges.

I'll try the wraith 850 x2 with the pard 008 tonight to see how it works with that.

4 minutes ago, Bob57 said:

Hi blueroll, yep it might be to much, and I thought the same when we tried it alongside the photon rt but it worked great with that when the power was turned down at closer range then really good when turned back up at long range, exept everything is small at long range with the rt and when you x up the picture gets a bit crap but it was well illuminated, we tried a pbir on the rt one night and that just whited out at all ranges.

I'll try the wraith 850 x2 with the pard 008 tonight to see how it works with that.

The Dark Engine 850nm is brilliant with the Pard008 so I expect the Wraith will be just as good. 

Just got back in from testing the pard 008 with the wraith x2 850nm and I thought it would be good, works brilliant and doesn't hardly need the power turning down at all closer in, 300+ yds was well illuminated and pretty clear on 6x but you lose a bit of clarity when you zoom to 13x.

11 hours ago, Bob57 said:

Just got back in from testing the pard 008 with the wraith x2 850nm and I thought it would be good, works brilliant and doesn't hardly need the power turning down at all closer in, 300+ yds was well illuminated and pretty clear on 6x but you lose a bit of clarity when you zoom to 13x.

Sounds about the same as I have found with the DE on the Pard008.

• 6 months later...