New rifle ( to me anyway )..................

The Cornish fruit slayers have been getting on to me about a 308 / 7.62 Parker Hale so about a month and a half ago , so i thought " stuff it " i am gonna get one!!! ;)

Thanks to Jamie he found me a nice Parker Hale TX1200 which i bought!!!

Here she is.......................

DSCF3364.jpg

DSCF3365.jpg

DSCF3362.jpg

Seen these rifles in action all the way out to a 1000yds and have been very impressed with how they shoot!!! :D:P

Its early days yet and have tried the Scenars / Berger LTBs - both shot well , and tried the 155 A-max recently too........

DSCF3367.jpg

Shame about the flier but she looks like a true ( when i do my bit ) sub half incher!!!! :P , using Jamie's favorite load!!!!!

Really looking forward to really stretch her wings soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best.......................

RAY.................................... :D :D

Nice to see that the old favourites are not being scrapped.

Well done!

Hi

Nice going there -

but can i just say, do you not measure groups from center to center of the 2 out side holes? this would make your group even smaller :P

or you do as you have then subtract the caliber, witch will make your group smaller :D

sorry to be the bearer of good news :lol::lol:

ATB

Colin :D

Guest varmartin

Glad to hear you are getting on well with your 7.62 Ray.......

Nice little group too........what do you mean `flyer`??? :lol: :lol:

Ps...dont remember to clean that tube.....and i no what i typed... :P

Thanks guys i apreciate your views!!! :lol:

I am amazed for the money how these rifles shoot!!! , been fortunate to see them shoot at range and even shot them myself at extended range!!!

If you get a decent one , they must be the bargain of the century!!! :D

Ian i shall let you know how i get on in the forth coming months!!!! :P

Ronin , i must admit to being a bit of tart when it comes to rifles but these things shoot great!!!! :D

Col , as you my of gathered i subtracted 308 from the calipers to give me the reading on caliper!!! :D

Hi pat , happy new year to you and your family buddy and thanks for welcoming me to the 308 club!!! ;)

Tim , hopefully the only side of the scope the pigs will see , is when the cross hares are on them!!!!! :lol:

Martin , hopefully we can get together for a 308 day soon!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

All the best....................

RAY...........................................

A rifle with a bit of "BLING" on the top!!!! :lol::P:D

So thats your new PIG Sticker , its sure doing the BIZ on the paper Ray ;)

So is this the end of the PPC :lol::D;)

Dave and myself did the Taybarns thing in Swansea the other day and there is a Picture of you on the wall Saying "Barred"!!!!!!! ;):D

A rifle with a bit of "BLING" on the top!!!! :lol::P:D

So thats your new PIG Sticker , its sure doing the BIZ on the paper Ray ;)

So is this the end of the PPC :lol::D;)

Dave and myself did the Taybarns thing in Swansea the other day and there is a Picture of you on the wall Saying "Barred"!!!!!!! ;):D

Thanks Captin!!!!! ;) ;)

Never the end to my PPC buddy , thats a rifle to keep forever!!! ;)

You guys went to Taybarns , would of been worth the drive up just for that!!!! ;):lol: :lol:

Happy new year Captin................ ;)

All the best......................

RAY........................................

Captain I hope your letting those little varmints grow as the WELSH DIVISION of the fruit slayers are on there way!!!! :lol::lol:

Hi Captin , great to speak to you again!!!! :P

You guys are welcome down anytime to sort out some Cornish pests!!! :D

All the best.................

RAY....................................... ;):D

How long is the barrel Ray?

Hi buddy ,

The Barrel is 26 inches and is giving a average of 2750fps with a 155 grain bullet!!!!

RAY...................................... :D;)

I gotta say Ray that looks real pretty [red neck drawl]

What is the actual model etc, might look to get one myself? Sorry 'bout all the questions

Thanks buddy!!!! ;)

No need to be sorry mate :D , The rifle is a Parker Hale TX1200 in 7.62 , i have Jamie to thank for putting me onto these rifles / loads ... :D

They just shoot so well!!!!!! :D :D

RAY............................................. :D;)

Certainly a sweet rifle for the money and a shooter to boot.

Yes Andy and I will get down in the spring for some long range fun.

Cheers

Dave

Nice to see a new rifle in the collection, and she's a shooter too.

Thanks guys... ;)

When visiting Dave in Wales , i managed to get hold of some Berger 155 grain LTBs to try , loaded some up and using a bipod and rear bag , this was the group shot off the bonnet!!! :D .......... ( first round was over the top of a Scenar bullets that was tested before )................................

DSCF3370.jpg

All the best..........................

RAY............................................. ;):D

I want to see how that rifle shoots without the flier! Nice rifles. The PH Comp barrels are available here in the US, chambered and ready to thread on. I have fitted one in the past and it was a true screamer.~Andrew

Thanks for the insight Andrew!!!!!! ;)

Its early days yet but am really looking forward to shoot some groups at extended range!!!! :D

All the best.....................

RAY.................................... ;):D

I owned a TX 1200 till spring last year. It was a dream to shoot as a TR piece but i wanted to scope and pod it for F class.

I contacted the company that had bought the old parker hale stock when it had folded in the vain hope that they'd have scope mounts for it. They sent me 30 odd diff mounts on approval bless em but it wasn't to be...

I sold her to a novice TR shooter only to find that another forum member had a set of mounts avail.. They just didn't see my thread in time before i sold the rifle.. I'd def have another.. It was a handsome beast with clean lines and a dream to shoot..

Well done Ray..

I owned a TX 1200 till spring last year. It was a dream to shoot as a TR piece but i wanted to scope and pod it for F class.

I contacted the company that had bought the old parker hale stock when it had folded in the vain hope that they'd have scope mounts for it. They sent me 30 odd diff mounts on approval bless em but it wasn't to be...

I sold her to a novice TR shooter only to find that another forum member had a set of mounts avail.. They just didn't see my thread in time before i sold the rifle.. I'd def have another.. It was a handsome beast with clean lines and a dream to shoot..

Well done Ray..

Thanks buddy!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Always good to hear other peoples opinions on owning such rifles!!!! ;)

Rifles are different things to different people , all i can say is every time i went to pick one up and shoot it - it feels right - it shoots good and in my opinion an absolute bargain!!! :lol:

I have Jamie allot to thank for , for putting me onto these rifles / loads!!!!

I plan to hunt with mine as well!!!

As for scope mounts , i plan to get a Ken Farrel 20 MOA base for a 30mm tube so i will have plenty of dialing for playing all the way out to 1000yds!!!!!

Probably some Warne tactical mounts too!!!!

All the best.................

RAY............................. :D:lol:

That looks like a nice little rifle you got yourself Ray. Good grouping.

Thankyou very much buddy , and happy new year to you!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Real tester will be when i try some more groups at extended range!!!!!! ;)

RAY......................... :D:lol:

Hi Ray,

Looks like we have both gone down the same route, below is my Kronesberg in 7.62, she shoots well enough with the taget sights but I may replace these with a scope as my true useage will be longe range target.

I spoke to Jamie last year and promised to get down hopefully I can this year and we all have a play :):(

KRONESBERG034.jpg

KRONESBERG033.jpg

Can't get used to these sights for 100 yards, all rounds fall into a 5 inch cricle (military ammo)

KRONESBERG032.jpg

KRONESBERG031.jpg

Hope to see ya soon

GB

Archived