New rifle ( to me anyway )..................

Hi Green Bear ,

Nice looking rifle mate!!!!! :)

Would be great if you could come down , perhaps mix it with a stalking break!!!!

All the best.....................

RAY......................................... ;):(

Very nice buddy. Just goes to show that some designs just plain work. That action design is around 100 years old.I have the same action sat here, on a k98...but this one made its mark at Stalingrad . :)

Its nothing out of the ordinary as far as mausers go guys, but i will take some pics tomorrow night as you are obviously interested.

The beauty of the k98 is that you can trace its EXACT history, because they are covered in waffennampts [inspectors marks]

There were 14 million made. :rolleyes:

Its nothing out of the ordinary as far as mausers go guys, but i will take some pics tomorrow night as you are obviously interested.

The beauty of the k98 is that you can trace its EXACT history, because they are covered in waffennampts [inspectors marks]

There were 14 million made. :rolleyes:

Isn't it the 98 you are not supposed to blue print as the bolt when hardened is only the top surface ?? or is my old age catching up with me.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Hi Greenbear, sorry buddy, i dont, but they do exist, i,ve seen rifles fitted with them. The people to ask are Fultons at Bisley, or maybe Peter Lawman. I would imagine there are also Parker Hale bases kicking around for them too.

cheers mate,

I have a one piece mount on my .375 (standard Mauser action again) which looks identical with the holes in all the right places, trouble is I shot a cloverleaf group with 300g heads yesterday at 100m and I sure don't want to take the scope off :wub:

I was working near Fenland Rural Sports today and popped in for some powder on my way home. You've just got to have a mooch about when you get the chance, it's a bit of an Alladins cave, while I was searching the racks I came across a Parker Hale TX1200 target rifle in reasonable nick for £125, but unfortunately the barrel is past it's best. It's complete with front and rear sights and the timber looks a nicely figured piece of walnut. Not being a target type I have a couple of questions .

1/ Are barrels available for this model.

2/ Would it make financial sense .

3/ Would it make more sense to just forget it and wait for a better example to turn up.

4/ Should I try for a haggle given it's barrel's shagged to keep the nice stock for another rifle with a less than desirable stock but decent barrel/action.

Might seem dumb questions, but if you don't ask you won't know. There's obviously a few fans of this model so all opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

I was working near Fenland Rural Sports today and popped in for some powder on my way home. You've just got to have a mooch about when you get the chance, it's a bit of an Alladins cave, while I was searching the racks I came across a Parker Hale TX1200 target rifle in reasonable nick for £125, but unfortunately the barrel is past it's best. It's complete with front and rear sights and the timber looks a nicely figured piece of walnut. Not being a target type I have a couple of questions .

1/ Are barrels available for this model.

2/ Would it make financial sense .

3/ Would it make more sense to just forget it and wait for a better example to turn up.

4/ Should I try for a haggle given it's barrel's shagged to keep the nice stock for another rifle with a less than desirable stock but decent barrel/action.

Might seem dumb questions, but if you don't ask you won't know. There's obviously a few fans of this model so all opinions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Pete.

Hi Pete ,

I am going to be totally honest in saying , when it comes to rifles i am a complete tart!!! :lol:

That is i love the custom jobbies!!!! :D , but i will say this......

I was fortunate to see these rifles in action at different ranges and when our good friend Jamie found me one , i was apprehensive at first ( due to my liking of posh rifles :lol: ) but when you get a good one ( and i am yet to see one shoot bad ) they are a absolute bargain :D;) !!!!!

This is my personal thoughts.................

For financial sense this is what i got ( early days yet ) for my money...........................

DSCF3362.jpg

DSCF3367.jpg

DSCF3370.jpg

and a recent 500yd testing...........................

DSCF3385.jpg

DSCF3382.jpg

Sorry if i have posted the same pictures from here and on another thread , but i think for myself it stares me in the face!!!

WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;)

If you are seriously thinking of buying one Pete , give silent souls a PM and he can give you lot of info on the rifles / loads!!

He was on to me about getting one for quite a while , and i am sure glad i have got one now!!! :D :D

Hope this helps..................

All the best......................

RAY..........................................

Archived