Heaviest Berger Bullet - 300 Win Mag - 1 in 11 twist

gruntus

Tells thee reader nothing about what was asked in the post starter 

The attachment is reference material on policy and procedure signed off on how to carry out accuracy tests and inspection for the 300 win mag at 300 and 600 yds

interesting concept on “accuracy” would have hoped the standard to be 50% higher really  

A friend shoots 208 amax and 208eld in a Tikka which I believe has a 1/11 twist.

they work very well, but have seen him shoot only up to 900 yds. Bullets were stable abd accurate so they should make it to 1000 with no problem. Powder was tubal 8000.

Cheers all,

I contacted Berger and they recommend 185 hybrids (optimally for the range of temps I shoot) and they also provided for info 190 and 200s to try.

Was really impressed with the tech support, they provided load data, bullet stats and velocity ranges. 

G

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 215 Hybrids would not stabilise in my 1:11 barrel. At the time I went onto the Berger site and the stabilisation calculator indicated they wouldn’t stabilise or marginal but if I remember correctly the 230 (is it the OEM?) showed that that bullet, although heavier, would. I never tried it though and went to using 185 Scenars which performed very accurately.