Housekeeping

cheshirelad

Powder should be stored in its original container because it WILL absorb water moisture if left out in an unsealed container. It’s hydroscopic.

Also, don’t leave your powder in the loft either, sealed or not. The temperature changes in the loft over the year will change the chemical properties of the powder, altering its burn rates.

The same load you’ve always used may/will produce  different MV and pressures if the powder isn’t stored in a stable environment.

Everything is replaced back into their respective storage areas, the workstation cleaned and powder returned to the tubs and placed in secure storage.  Never ever leave any powder out.  1) you may forget what powder is in there, 2) as mentioned, powder will absorb moisture from atmosphere and besides anything else, it's a hell of a fire risk.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:11 PM, Catch-22 said:

Powder should be stored in its original container because it WILL absorb water moisture if left out in an unsealed container. It’s hydroscopic.

Also, don’t leave your powder in the loft either, sealed or not. The temperature changes in the loft over the year will change the chemical properties of the powder, altering its burn rates.

The same load you’ve always used may/will produce  different MV and pressures if the powder isn’t stored in a stable environment.

My gunroom is in the attic and has been for 10 years....

Can't say I've had a problem though mate 🤞👍

I wouldn't leave powder in the thrower just incase you forgot and poured a different powder on top,if you've only got one rifle thennitsunlikely...

My reloading bench is in the garage. Once finished powder is put back into original container. Scales are kept in air tight case. Garage is rather cool in winter. Powder and primers stored in garage.