Niggeloh Rucksack Rifle Sling

I had one and I couldn't get on with it, I found it tricky to get on and off, (maybe more practice was needed) 

On the other hand the rifle did carry well and was comfortable. 

I ended up selling it and am still searching for the ideal sling for my needs. 

I quite like the idea of the z-aim ones they go over one shoulder like a normal sling but have the additional strap that goes across the body and onto the rifle, that might be worth a look? 

I’ve seen those, look fairly good not sure of the quality though?

Good thing about the Niggeloh’s is they are good quality, I’ve got a couple of their classics and they seem to last forever. 

1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

https://www.practicalprecisionuk.com/product-page/pro-hunter-sling

I use the pro hunter sling from practical precision on my rifle that has traditional sling mounts on the bottom of the rifle. It works well and is good quality. 

Have you used it while also carrying a rucksack?

looks a good quality product. 

2 minutes ago, Akeld said:

I also tried the Z-aim, and I'm probably one of the few people who didn't like it, might have been because my rifle is quite heavy but it certainly didn't feel secure for my use

My rifles also a bit of a lump! Was it the quality of the product or the system that made it feel unsecured?

To be honest, the quality is very good, I still use it as a normal sling, its just the cross strap never felt right to me and the rifle did slop a bit.  The niggeloh on the other hand is rock solid , to unsling I just slip one arm through a strap and unsling as normal.  Or you can undo the QR buckle but I've never found the need

17 hours ago, Akeld said:

I have one, very comfortable and easy to get the rifle off with practice, my stock has side mounted flush cups so my rifle is vertical while being carried, they spread the weight very well

I tested one last week. With conventional mounted points it flopped from side to side on my back when getting over a fence and on other occasions. I think it would be spot on side mounted. That’s the key. It was well made. With the release clips I thing you could get it into a shooting position without waving your arms all over the place.

I would agree with whats been said about the niggleoh,works ok when side mounted but i found the rifle slopped about when mounted on the underside of the stock.Went with the z-aim.Much more secure in my experience.I have a niggleoh which i could let you have a lend of if you like.If you want to keep it i will happily sell it to you for the price of a z aim.

1 hour ago, drum said:

I would agree with whats been said about the niggleoh,works ok when side mounted but i found the rifle slopped about when mounted on the underside of the stock.Went with the z-aim.Much more secure in my experience.I have a niggleoh which i could let you have a lend of if you like.If you want to keep it i will happily sell it to you for the price of a z aim.

Thank you for the offer Drum, unfortunately before I read this I’d ordered a z-aim!!

if I dont like it I’ll buy the Niggeloh off you.

Cheers

If you want a really versatile sling, try the SA80 one.  Its designed to be side mounted so works best if your rifle accommodates this.  You can use it back pack still, or what I find really useful is having it diagonal across my front, then with the unlocking of a QR buckle it can be shouldered but is still attached to your body, quite handy and reassuring when climbing and shooting from high seats

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2019 at 5:36 PM, drum said:

I have also just got a z aim and get on fine with it. Its not that great as a normal sling but i have a hand spare when i use it like that. when the cross over strap is in place I think its a huge improvement. getting over fences and having 2 hands spare perfect!

Me being a tight a**e already having a good comfortable sling decided to attempt to make my own version of the additional cross over strap, I got a luggage strap from a well know auction site for the price of £3

With a bit of cutting and stitching I have done it and I am really impressed with the results it needs a bit better sewing (when the Mrs gets the machine out) 

But  works great!!  Extremely stable and comfy and because the rifle sits better it makes it feel a lot lighter.