SOLD: Sassen 6.5mm Barrel blank

20190328_000414.thumb.jpg.3154786454ae57c4e85c4d21d0bc62e7.jpg

I have for sale a Sassen stainless barrel blank that I had for a project, which is no longer going ahead. It is a Remington light varmint helical fluted. 28" total length 1:8.5 twist

Weight is 1.79kg / 3.1lb

Diameter at chamber end is 31.61mm / 1.245"

Diameter at crown is 17.65mm / 0.69"

SOLD

I have just put a variation in for a 6.5x47 , I have a Borden Alpine in 6mmbr that I am considering re-barrelling to 6.5x47. What is the twist rate? I take you can purchase a barrel that hasn’t been chambered without it being on your ticket.

Could you email me some pics please. I will pm you my email.

Bargain for someone wanting a long 6.5

I was under the impression you still need this on a ticket regardless of chambering. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

2 hours ago, n8ess said:

Could you tell me the weight. Would taking another inch off it be detrimental in any way?

Neil the 6.5X47 performs exceedingly well in short barrels. The only thing that would prevent you shortening this barrel would be the aesthetics of cutting into the fluting. But a couple of inches would be fine.

My personal 6.5X47 24” and performs excellently. Do some experimenting with a ballistic app and velocity. It’s about 25fps loss per inch. 

3 hours ago, n8ess said:

Could you tell me the weight. Would taking another inch off it be detrimental in any way?

They can be taken down to around 25" or so and the first inch has to be removed anyhow. Will weigh it later 

10 hours ago, n8ess said:

I've updated the first post with the weights and dimensions

7 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

Neil the 6.5X47 performs exceedingly well in short barrels. The only thing that would prevent you shortening this barrel would be the aesthetics of cutting into the fluting. But a couple of inches would be fine.

My personal 6.5X47 24” and performs excellently. Do some experimenting with a ballistic app and velocity. It’s about 25fps loss per inch. 

Thanks, I’m still undecided wether or not  to convert the br? I was toying with the idea of the 6.5 replacing the br & 7mm08 as my stalking is quite limited now. 

Archived