Warden Digiceptor or Armisight Drone ???

22cf

Hi Guys,

I value the feedback I receive on various products so thought I would see what you think of the  "WARDEN DIGICEPTOR NV RIFLESCOPE" I am currently using a photon RT 6x50 with a double but as considering upgrading to either a secondhand Armisight drone or a Warden Digiceptor NV riflescope.

What are your thoughts on this product compared to the Photon RT 6X50 with Doubler and the Armisight drone ?

I want to use the sight for foxing out to 200yds at night.

Don't think any of the new Ward units have shipped yet. I was hoping for a bit more base mag than x8 personally. Be interested to have a look through one for comparison, the Drone picture will take some beating.

What are you hoping to gain over your doubled Photon? for the additional cash I think changing would be hard to justify for 200 yard foxing.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:21 PM, 22cf said:

Hi Guys,

I value the feedback I receive on various products so thought I would see what you think of the  "WARDEN DIGICEPTOR NV RIFLESCOPE" I am currently using a photon RT 6x50 with a double but as considering upgrading to either a secondhand Armisight drone or a Warden Digiceptor NV riflescope.

What are your thoughts on this product compared to the Photon RT 6X50 with Doubler and the Armisight drone ?

I want to use the sight for foxing out to 200yds at night.

Hi 22cf, I've had a drone Pro for a couple of years now and  decided to buy a photon RT 6x50 to put on my 17hmr, no doubler but was shooting bunnies out to 180yds with the onboard ir with a struggle,so bought another xlrm ir to see if it would improve picture but didn't really make much difference. The drone is in a different league to the rt but cost a lot more so should be!! I'd say if you could buy a good s/h drone go for it, but if it goes wrong it might be a pig to get fixed. I'm hoping somebody will  take up this task in GB. The digiceptor is not out there yet but looks good,and you will have warranty so best bet for your money☺.if it's as good as the drone it'll be great!! I wouldn't worry about 8x mag @ 200yds,be no prob, especially if the dot is fine.And the field of veiw will be better.The drones cross hair is quite fat so in comparison placing it on a fox at 250yds probably wouldn't be any different.You get what you pay and if you have foxes to shoot do it well and know exactly what you're shooting,clarity counts?

Hi 22cf,

Just to give you an idea of what the Digiceptor can do:

I store my digiceptor off the rifle which is a Steyr Tactical Elite in .223 with the full length picatinny rail.

When I go out shooting, I put the scope on the rail in it's correct slot. Apply some forward pressure to engage the recoil bar in the mount and then torque the front clamp and then the rear to 30 Inch/Lbs. In testing this is repeatable to 2.5mm at 100m.

The mount is designed to fit a bolt action rifle so there is no need for special reach back rails or other scaffolding to fit it.

For the .223 I have 3 zero memories on the quick select side switch. (1) 50-200m Point Blank Zero, (2) 250m, (3) 300m.

I use a little BR20 illuminator set to fill the field of view and this give full illumination and clarity out to 300m+ without any fiddling about. It will also get out far further for seeing your backdrop or eye reflections. It's the best balance of IR power for the system resolution. You can put a more powerful IR on it, such as a Ruby Sunnranger and that will give you full illumination at 600m! But I feel it's not necessary.

With it set up as I have you just look through the scope and can see as far as you need to see and the scope sorts the image out for you.

Most of the time I will ping some tree lines or landmarks and get a mental picture of everything within 200m when calling in. Then the LRF isn't needed to be faffed with. The LRF is easy to use and is just a single press to take a reading on a button on the back of the LRF unit.

The furthest shot to date was on an open field on a still night last week and that was a case of pinging the fox with the LRF, setting the side switch to zero (2) for the shot and placing the centre dot of the reticule and concentrating on the shot. The result was a head shot at 275 yards. It wasn't particularly difficult with the assistance of the LRF and preset zeros and the image was more than good enough for accurate shot placement.

In terms of magnification it's almost identical to the original 10x Drone when it has it's doubler fitted.

Cheers

Clive

Hi Guys,

I did indeed record the shot but the Lawmate was messing about and it only recorded the audio, which was rather frustrating.

There are a number of reticules built into the scope and I use a fine dot which is very good for shot placement. If you search for Warden Digiceptor on youtube there are a few videos on there at varying ranges.

The ruby torches are more visible in terms of glow from the emitter, but I've not found any problem with foxes spooking from it, in fact I have yet to notice any reaction at all from Foxes to the Ruby IR.

Cheers

Clive

Thanks Clive, I've seen some YouTube clips of the fine dot, i must say it does look nice.should be good for rabbits out to a long way☺. I put the drone on my 17rem occasionally but find the cross hair a bit on the fat side for rabbits when getting out over 270yds. I use the armasite xlrm ir on my drone and have had a few foxes spook from it now, obviously ones that have been missed or had one shot next to them and seen it all before and are a lot more wary!! But they always slip up sometime ?

20 hours ago, CliveWard said:

Hi Guys,

I did indeed record the shot but the Lawmate was messing about and it only recorded the audio, which was rather frustrating.

There are a number of reticules built into the scope and I use a fine dot which is very good for shot placement. If you search for Warden Digiceptor on youtube there are a few videos on there at varying ranges.

The ruby torches are more visible in terms of glow from the emitter, but I've not found any problem with foxes spooking from it, in fact I have yet to notice any reaction at all from Foxes to the Ruby IR.

Cheers

Clive

I have just searched Warden Digiceptor and all I got was videos of traffic wardens ticketing ambulances and police cars. 

5 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

I have just searched Warden Digiceptor and all I got was videos of traffic wardens ticketing ambulances and police cars. 

Assuming that wasnt entertaining, try this https://www.youtube.com/user/nightvisionstoreUK

Archived