best binos??

Ι've the 10x42sEL (swarovskis) and they are fantastic also. Can't say enough good things about them!

best wishes,

Finman

All depends on how much money you want to spend, if you can, then the Zeiss/Leica/Swarovski come into it.

If how ever you are on a budget then you may want to take a look at these

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/de...spx?sku=1005519

I bought a pair in 2006, and dropped them on concrete at my mates house earlier this year, so bought another pair, they are very good, and comparing them to my mates Zeiss 7x42 there is not that much between them for my needs.

From Kips ad these are better value for money and Opticron have a good reputation for quality, http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/de...spx?sku=1020066

If you can afford the swarovski 7x42 slc or 8 x30 slc there is really no comparison and they have a 30 yr guarantee, but do cost more.

You can always have a scan round on fleabay too there are bargains to be had sometimes but whatever the B£$%hit, stick to the known makes.

Redfox

I have a pair of Swarovoski 7x42 they are fantastic :D , If I was to buy them again I would pay the extra and go for the 10 power :lol: .

Theone reason I say this is that when I have been looking into woodland as its nearly getting light I could deer but couldnt see exactly what they where .

I borrowed my mate 10 power lieca the next morning and it was a different story.

As for make , there are 4 big players swaro,ziess,lieca and aslo Stiener.

The 8x56 stieners are amazing but are a heavy piece of kit.

Any of the above will serve you well but as for magnifaction ,the best thing is to have a look at a few different options and see what you like and what siuts your pocket :o

Good Luck Andy

I have a pair of Khales 10x40, they cost me £575 which is about half the price of the swarovski's, the optics and twilight factor are fantastic. Kahles and swarovski were the same company and were only divided during the war.

Cheers

Neil

My brother changes his every two years or so for his work, and by far the best are Swaro's - but a £100 pair of Bushnell's do everything that I need

From Kips ad these are better value for money and Opticron have a good reputation for quality, http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/de...spx?sku=1020066

Love my Opticrons :lol:

But you asked for the best, presuming you're looking to do a "lifetime" buy, so most likely going to be Swaro/Leica and the other real big names.

I have several pairs of binoculars:

Zeiss 8X56 Dialyt, excellent but a bit heavy, probably around £1K these days - don't use them much

Swaro 8.5X42EL - brilliant, light but very expensive around £1k also (won them in a raffle - not bad for £10)

Kahles 8X40 - equally as good but a little lighter and not so pricey - use them a lot for foxing and deerstalking. Shop soiled £400.

Leica are also top class and in the same sort of price bracket.

I'm sure there are others, just as good, but I have no experience of them.

For woodland stalking 7 or 8 power is fine. For situations that require more power up to 10, but the glass will be heavier.

If you have the dosh to spare, buy the Swaros, otherwise Kahles. But you couldn't go wrong with Zeiss or Leica, either. Buy quality, you'll not regret it.

I was told on good authority that Kahles and Swaro are sister Companies. Kahles were bought by Swaro many years ago and they keep up the quality.

Peter

without a shadow of a dought "the best bins" on the market today is the new Zeiss Victory range finding bins,I have never owned binos like them totally stunning and at low light they are superb and gives you at least another half hour of shooting,BUT as all things which are good they come with a price tag to match :lol:

but were only here once you may as well have the best

Only if you have the same twilght factor with the scope on your rifle :lol:

Only if you have the same twilght factor with the scope on your rifle :lol:

will the new z6 2.5x15x56 with bal turret do the job :lol: i know he has one as its sat on top of my 270 wsm (sako 75) and that scope is well :lol: best describes it :D

ATB

Colin :D

Archived