new build idea?, .308 rifle and switch barrel to 6.5 -284

So I have a slot for .308 rifle and also a slot spare for 6.5 Cal barrel.

Im looking for ideas on a build that can incorporate the .308 rifle and a switch barrel to 6.5-284.

Is this doable with a repeat feed for both calibers? Or would it be single shot only on the 284? (I have already considered Blaser option)

Ideally a light/medium weight stalker that would also be used for some longer range - I definitely don't want a heavy long range target rig, but something that could enjoy stretching its legs a bit if the fancy arises.

Cheers

BM

It needs a long action for repeater / magazine use with the 6.5-284 and you'd have to be happy the shorter / thinner body 308 rounds would still feed reliably. In a short-action, the 6.5-284 has to be a single-shot only option and depending on the action and size of its top-opening / port, you might have to remove the bolt from the action to unload a live round.

A friend of mine has a callum ferguson (borden) 6xc/6.5-285 switch barrel built on a short action using aics .308 mags. Its limited to 123/129gn bullets on the 6.5-284 but feeds and ejects. Fast, flat and insanely accurate. 

Archived