Tikka 595 magazine problem

Hi

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on an issue I've recently started having with my 223 Tikka 595

It came to me a couple of years ago and has given faultless service until recently when I've noticed that when loading a round the bolt is just passing over the cases in the magazine and not picking up one

I'm thinking initially weak spring in mag but on inspection there's decent upwards pressure keeping the rounds up so I'm lost

Can anyone shed some light on the issue please and maybe give a diy fix

Cheers

SP

Happened to me. I found it was the spring that had weakened believe it or not. I took it to bits and stretched the spring but it hasn't really worked. Emailed the manufacturer and didn't even get a reply. The only solution, I bought a new mag!

I had the same with a 17 rem 595 that I bought. I bought a 5 round metal mag which seemed to have a stronger spring and thinner feed lips so the round sits higher and the bolt face catches the base more securely. I did wonder about thinning the inner edges of the feed lips using every paper to allow the round to sit higher but never tried it in the end

I got mine through Portsmouth Gun centre. They deal regularly with the importer, GMK who is reasonably local at Fareham.

I have the metal 6-round version.......I think there's also a plastic 3-round job.

RePete

Thanks guys

I'm going out tonight for a play after graft so if pulling the spring hasn't done the trick it's a new magazine.

Any recommendations where to get a new one please?

Pulling the spring will work albeit V. briefly then your back to square one.

I bought a new one and limit rounds in the old one to three it seems to work if I dont leave them in to long

Archived