Case annealing

247sniper

Hi guys,

me and a friend are looking at getting our rifle brass annealing.

Who do you use to anneal your cases professionally fellas ?

Cheers all

Steve

I used to think that this was a good idea - until I had a play with the AMP induction annealer.

Have a look at their website - they have an annealing schedule of hundreds of cases, including many wildcats. www.ampannealing.com

The 308 Win for example has 15 programmes depending on manufacturer. If you're neck-turning, there are another 45 programmes depending on the amount you are turning off.

It makes you see how hit 'n'miss the gas-torch/drill/stop-watch method actually is.

Bloody hell, impressive bit of kit may be but unless your doing in as a business or doing thousands then far to expensive.

I've done some brass myself with a drill and gas tourch etc. Not sure how consistent that was is if your looking for presision.

Steve

Hey 247 i dont think it could be any worse than not annealed , must admit i need a proper machine but keep meaning to send it all off to someone for better consistancy . The drill timer works good enough but is slightly crude ... taa

AMP really is a good machine, but all these programs are a bit of a marketing trick.

See, they have different programs for different makes, but even the same companies make cases with brass of different proportions of zinc and copper. They also vary in neck thickness.

The AMP relies on these proportions and neck thickness standards to calculate the exact time, but as I mentioned the variables are to many from batch to batch and that is why these programs are just useless!

Archived