Tikka T3 Super Varmint, scope rings?

Aussie Foxer

I tried the Leupold qrw rings on my Zeiss Victory HT and it left huge marks even though I used a torque wrench. I binned them and bought a Spuhr mount and I've never looked back! On my other Tikka without rail I use the Optilock system, best rings ever made imo for normal hunting rifles.

My Son is using Recknagel rigs on his with no issues, otherwise I'd reccommend Tier One, theirs have never marked any of my scopes.

My Son is using Recknagel rigs on his with no issues, otherwise I'd recommend Tier One, theirs have never marked any of my scopes.

As stated I have been using Recknagel Tactical Scope rings for Picatinny (19mm height, triangular locking nut) on a Recknagel 20 MOA aluminum rail for the last year or so with no problems. The reason I chose them over the Third Eye / Tier One mounts was their lower profile thus better view of the turrets on my NF 8-32 Benchrest while prone.

I have had the scope off several times and they offer faultless return to zero as long as they are butted up against the front of the picatinny slots so as not to move under recoil.

I tried the Leupold qrw rings on my Zeiss Victory HT and it left huge marks even though I used a torque wrench. I binned them and bought a Spuhr mount and I've never looked back! On my other Tikka without rail I use the Optilock system, best rings ever made imo for normal hunting rifles.

I'd second that. Rock solid on my tikka, and with the plastic inserts, no marks at all.

You want Burris Signature Zee rings, solid steel rings with plastic inserts which protect the scope from marks and allow you to align it (a bit).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burris-30mm-High-Signature-Zee-Weaver-Style-Rings-Matte-420587-/361474191390

I like these , they can save you buying a 10 moa rail in some cases as you can rotate / change the plastic inserts to alter elevation and windage.

Archived