Sinclair/Wilson Stainless Ultimate Trimmer

Has anyone experience of this model and if so, have any feedback they'd like to share?

I'm not finding the Lee Quick trim either particularly quick or consistent, and it does require frequent cleaning of the die and trim shaft to prevent it binding. Whilst I appreciate that neck tension is probably a more important factor in reloading than absolute case trim precision, I value precision. I have tried the standard Lee case length gauge and trimmer and it's fast and does a decent enough job but have found some issues with flowering of case heads affecting neck tension depending on the amount of pressure applied...again, a bit hit and miss. I'm looking to pull down my groups for longer range vermin control from around .5 or .6 to closer to .3 if possible. The rifle is capable of that, so looking to control the variables that matter. Other recommendations of course welcomed :)

hi give us a bell if you want help 01263732740 im her eall night

we have these in stock

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, I agree RE the Lee trimmers Justin.

Thanks for the offer Mark...wish I knew you stocked them as have just pulled the trigger on one from Brownells after a frustrating afternoon doing possibly the last large batch ever with the Lee trimmers. I thought that Brownells were the only stockists of these?

I've seen those buy can't be had with multiple tools to cover all calibres hence sticking with the Sinclair/Wilson one as it doesn't require individual collets making it cheaper for multiple calibres. Not too worried about volume which the Giraud seems geared up for. Good idea in some respects though. Looks similar to LCG's the "World's Finest Trimmer".

I've seen those buy can't be had with multiple tools to cover all calibres hence sticking with the Sinclair/Wilson one as it doesn't require individual collets making it cheaper for multiple calibres. Not too worried about volume which the Giraud seems geared up for. Good idea in some respects though. Looks similar to LCG's the "World's Finest Trimmer".

Depending on what calibres you've got (some are case family) you will still need a case holder for every calibre with the Wilson.

Depending on what calibres you've got (some are case family) you will still need a case holder for every calibre with the Wilson.

Agreed. I have given away three or four Wilsons in my lifetime when they have showed up in a lot of reloading gear I'd purchased. For the number of different cartridges I load for they are a nuisance. I have been using a Forster with all the attachments for the last 25 years with no regrets: Versatile and accurate.~Andrew

"...No pilots or collets are utilized which could influence the trim results negatively. "

"...Easily accommodates cases from 22 Hornet to 416 Rigby."

But then I've only just noticed the bit at the bottom which confirms that holders are sold separately :mad: :lol:

At least they're not extortionate.

"...No pilots or collets are utilized which could influence the trim results negatively. "

"...Easily accommodates cases from 22 Hornet to 416 Rigby."

But then I've only just noticed the bit at the bottom which confirms that holders are sold separately :mad: :lol:

At least they're not extortionate.

They are good tools, you won't regret buying one.

I'm sure I won't Andy. I like working with precision tools. This should see me out. I'm no competition shooter but it's more pleasant to work with quality tools than suffer cheap and nasty ones.

I bought one recently and it's a beautiful tool. The case holders really aren't that expensive (and like comparator gauges many of them work for a 'family' of cases). Currently I'm actually looking for cases to trim, and that's a first, believe me!

Spoke with Brownells today and it will be with me within a week to 10 days. Bought the case holders from Spud, so should be good to go within a few weeks which is good.

If you've got a fair few cases to trim then it's worth getting a power adapter for it so you can attach it to a cordless drill.

Archived