Suggestions on glue to bond rubberised padding to Harris bipod

Morning all,

One of the rubberised paddings on my come off and after trying some glue I had around and also using a glue gun, the things is still coming off very easily. Have thought of using the heat gun to soften the padding to try and get it to bond. Any suggestion from those in the know?

As ever, thanks in advance.

George

As JCS, sand the metal so the glue has something to key to, I then used a two part Araldite sticks like STAB. I put mine back on the gun so the pressure helps it stick better. (put paper or thin plastic between the pad and the stock just in case any glue comes out)

If you have no luck, I can ask my motor trimmer mate what he used for gluing rubber ( high density foam) strips on the tailgate of my ute to keep dust out. Whatever it was, it sticks like cr*p to a blanket..

I use the tape that dusters have for sealing square duct work. It's sticky on one side and lasts for ages. Just remove the tape when it starts thinning and stick another bit on - job done.

I replaced the rubber with a bit of old inner tube, it was too thin and small to properly protect a stock anyway.

I used one piece with a hole cut in it for the stud gripper to come through, didn't glue it on with anything as that is not critical in use, only when you take it off. I put an elastic band around it lengthwise (always stays on) to retain it when it's off the rifle.

I went a long with the Evo-Stik Impact suggestion above and it is working well. The bond seems very strong and hopefully will last. Now have one of the binoculars rubber eyepiece to glue back and will use the same thing.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Best,

George

Archived