how you become a moderator

Swarovski1

Just wondered how you become a moderator.i am not after being one just curious.i am a very unlikely candidate as some of my posts still get deleted.regards swaro

Screw yourself ....onto a rifle barrel ....oh you mean that sort of moderator :)

On some forums (not this one!) the prime qualification for the job of moderator seems to be that of control freak. :wacko:

I've witnessed this in the last couple of days and seen some good people walk away from one forum in particular because of this.

One thing im glad about is that we have decent admin here , its a few members that come across as argumentetive , stuck up , and Rude & no manners ! Im sure its not just me that notices it ! Respect & manners everyone should have . Two members that spring to mind arnt members anymore - wonder why ?

All the very best and highest respect - gunny :lol:

On some forums (not this one!) the prime qualification for the job of moderator seems to be that of control freak. :wacko:

I've witnessed this in the last couple of days and seen some good people walk away from one forum in particular because of this.

Would that be the SD forum ?

What forum?

When I was proposed and instantly elected Mod of another shooting site maybe 20 years ago I found it a totally thankless and very time consuming task. Most of the time was spent sorting out off screen squabbles. After 3 or 4 years the owner who was based offshore on an oil rig closed the site as I could not continue with that level of commitment. Its certainly not something I would do again.

Dont even think of going there unless you are prepared to spend at least 20 hours a week on it.

A

When I was proposed and instantly elected Mod of another shooting site maybe 20 years ago I found it a totally thankless and very time consuming task. Most of the time was spent sorting out off screen squabbles. After 3 or 4 years the owner who was based offshore on an oil rig closed the site as I could not continue with that level of commitment. Its certainly not something I would do again.

Dont even think of going there unless you are prepared to spend at least 20 hours a week on it.

A

Well you were wasting your time Geoff, because 'Deer talking' was the worst shooting forum out there, and your mates "Harry" and 'Stu' caused all the problems.

Archived