Quad sticks at shooting show

Barrelsniffer

Need a bit of help if possible, I was at the shoot show yesterday 13th I came across a set of quad shooting sticks they were not the Hammond or decoy sealand model can't remember what stall it was but it said steady sticks I think they were very light and flexible and price was 195 reduced to 170 pounds.

Now did anyone else see these quad sticks or buy a set as tried finding them on google and all I'm getting are the usual makes.

Cheers

Mick

The ones on the Tier One stand were the Spartan ones, same people who make the Javelin bipods and they are not quad sticks, bipod or tripod only. Very very nice though.

There was a stand in the same row selling quad sticks but the name evades me.

We're they the ones with the push buttons to extend them? If so I saw the viper flex ones from Denmark. I think they were on the Hammond stand though?http://viper-flex.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=186&lang=en

Cheers guys found them they are named " stable mountain sticks"

What do you see as the advantage of these over the viper sticks? I've used quad sticks and like them but the ones I've used have had three disadvantages - they are slow to adjust height wise, difficult to use sitting and the v in the top restricts the movement of the rifle if your target moves. The vipers seemed to adress all these issues, what about the mountain sticks?

quite a few of us down here are using the Hammond sticks for foxing and stalking, some friends are even putting clients on them and having good results, I haven't tried that yet, still use the stoney point tripod for that. they have been a real game changer, enabling long range rested shots from the standing position. I haven't found the need to try them kneeling, simply take the standing shot from where you are, shots have been taken at distances where bipods normally be used. one of my rifles, I don't even use a bipod on now (.243), the ranges that accurate shots can be placed are further than the useful range of the calibre and bullet weight used.

as always, buy once, cry once

What do you see as the advantage of these over the viper sticks? I've used quad sticks and like them but the ones I've used have had three disadvantages - they are slow to adjust height wise, difficult to use sitting and the v in the top restricts the movement of the rifle if your target moves. The vipers seemed to adress all these issues, what about the mountain sticks?

I've only just recently 2 weeks ago bought a set of quad sticks ie the "Hammond" make, I've been using bipod and tripod sticks for many years and thought what's the hype with the quads, I've only managed to use them once so far but I am liking how steady they are for a shot much better than what I've used so far, now ref the stable mountain sticks I was walking past the stall where they were and they were unbelievably much lighter than the Hammond but when I seen the price I walked on but then when got home couldn't remember what make they were when chatting to a mate about them.

Like the viper/Hammond the stable sticks also have the front rest a few inches wide for traversing your rifle left and right but as you say shame they can't be broke down/adjusted for taking shots while sitting.

I really like to be able to use them for sitting shots. I like to sit out and wait for Charlie and if the cover is up a bipod is useless. I'd like to find quad sticks that go down to say 18" tall

Same here hence why I've just ordered a set of these

http://www.venumoutdoors.com/shooting-sticks.html

Archived