t3 or 590

What people's opinions of the above rifles,going to be building another 22 br and going with tikka this time round.had my heart set on a 590 but not much choice about and obviously more choice with the t3

good evening,i have owed tikka 590 and own a tikka t3 super varmint of the two the 590 was a better rifle,nothing wrong with t3 just to me 590 was a nicer rifle,i sold it last year for £395 should have kept it.good luck with your choice

I have 2 rebarreled 595s and they are really nice rifles. Your only really limited by aftermarket mag and stock options. If I was building pure hunting rifles again,then 595 or T3 would be fine by me, I think that any perceived benefits in function/form between the two models are so small as to not realistically matter. If it was for a more target/ "tactical" build then I think the T3 allows you a lot more scope for options.

T3 or 590 think the tikkas are perfect for this , dont think you can go wrong with em . I had to chage the trigger / saftey on mine , ok it 25 year old 590 . More parts for t3 , what bullet you intending to use ? Wasn't your R700 a br ? Good luck bud , i bet itl be nice rifle if dave doing it ;)

hi buddy,yes my rem was a 22 Br but now wearing a 243 barrel.just missed my 22 Br to much so had to build another.

thought id go the tikka route for a change and a lighter build (light for me anyway)

build so far is t3 action McMillan sako varmint in bl/ol/tn and a sassen 9 twist varmint weight either 22"or 24" and a pes t12.bullets 60 vmax or 69 tmk

Steve Kershaw build and paint by Dave when colour is decided but more than likely will be od green barrel action black mod

going to be a good build its great having two of the best smiths in the country less than an hour away

Archived