CZ452 trigger

MJR

Does anyone know where I can get a Timney replacement trigger for a CZ452? I shot a friends with such a trigger and it was superb.

And are the barrels choked? I cant feel any restriction with a cleaning patch so suspect not?

good afternoon,go for the trigger kit £15 or there abouts 10mins to fit and absolutely brilliant ,have had five cz 452s and fitted trigger kit to all massive improvement

+1 Had several kits in several 452's, and it makes a big improvement.

Mike, I had a trigger kit made for my rimmy by a precision engineer that made parts for ct scanners (pretty precise work), basically a sleeve that goes over the pin in the trigger to take up the slack. I'm sure you have the tools and the skill to make the same, and with a bit of trial and error you can make it exactly to suit your rifle. the brookes/syss kits supply 4 sleeves and you pick the best to suit, if you make your own it will be a perfect fit and take up the right amount of slack, removing all of the creep.. gary

Having fitted many hundreds of these kits over the years, I have found one thing.

As production techniques have got better from CZ, the tubular shims supplied in these kits no longer fit. Even the thinnest ones can cause the trigger to be unsafe, rendering them useless. The springs still work however.

Having fitted many hundreds of these kits over the years, I have found one thing.

As production techniques have got better from CZ, the tubular shims supplied in these kits no longer fit. Even the thinnest ones can cause the trigger to be unsafe, rendering them useless. The springs still work however.

Funny you should say that Baldie. The spring brought the pull down nicely, (using the middle spring) but one of the shims left the gun unsafe as it failed the bump test. In fact it failed it really badly! Anyone fitting these shims should carry out the bump test every time, regardless of shim size. I binned the shims in the end, and have learnt to take the creep, as akin to a 2 stage trigger.

Chaz.

Archived