New Anschutz

David Hancock

I picked this little lovely today in .22LR after considering the Weihrauch HW66 Production.

Scope is a Hawke Sidewinder 4-16 x 50 with a 10x 1/2 Mil Dot reticle. Sportsmatch mounts and an A-Tec CMM 4 Mod. Ely Subs and Fiocchi are grouping .5 c2c groups at 55 yards

It feels so very good using an Anschutz again and popping off 100 rounds.

Such beautiful little rifles , thatl do you proud , i have a 1517 looks almost identical .

Hi Al, I am getting consistent 3 / 5 consecutive shots into 0.6 / 0.7 MOA measured c2c with the Eley subs which is my preferred brand at the mo' for their quietness and consistency. 10 shots will typically fall into an inch.

At 100 yards I am getting around 1.5 MOA off the bipod and still getting used to the feel of the rifle.

Without getting into "my CZ is better" debate, there is little "real life" difference between any .22LR brands at humane shooting distances.

I'm pleased I went with the Anschutz for the build and the very good price I paid for it, though a Weihrauch HW66 for around £595 was a close contender. I did look at the Lithgow and also the HW66 Jagd-Match which I previously had in .17HMR.

The stock is RH but 20 minutes with a dermal has subtley reshaped this to fit me as I a leftie. The thumbhole balance is great.

I'm pleased with the Hawke and the finish on the A-Tec mod is very good. I know I could have spent less but . . . .

The bugger is, I went out last Saturday afternoon on a fox permission with the .223 but also took along the Annie. I actually had more fun sniping the rabbits at 60 - 80 yards until some gentleman walked out from behind a bramble patch behind me with his two dogs where he had no right to be and hundreds of yards from any path. Just goes to show how careful we have to be.

Great look looking gun you've bought there David. I took it like man as a lot of my friends are CZ through and through.

You can't beat an Annie though. I thought i'd post a pic of my 1417 G XIV .22LR . I'm not so keen on a thumbhole stock but each to their own.

I use it mainly for walking the hedgerows and out of the truck rabbiting. Just lately i've been thinning out the squirrels.

Eley subsonics are a good round in my gun but do try SK and RWS if you can find them.

Have fun with your new gun!

annie8.jpg

Archived