What to do next ?

Tubs

I have recently got some Lapua 223 match cases a box of 100, Now what is the next step should i neck size them,Full length resize or just load them as they are ,How many reloads should i expect from a case if i keep below the max powder load and F/L resize only. As i'm getting on better with F/L over Neck sizing at the moment.

I recently got the very same cases. I full length sized them then chamfered inside and out. Didn't need to trim as they were all ok after sizing.

reason I did was to make sure all the cases were the same. Didn't want any reason to blame the brass if things didn't go well with the first firings.... Things did go well so I'm glad I did it.

Don't know about life expectancy, I'll bow to the previous post about 5 or 6, but I'd be hoping for more than that myself.

Atb...

Tubs,if you get more than 5 reloads,you are not doing anything wrong-it does seem to vary a bit-though so too do powder pressures. Very hot loads in competition use may well limit life-in bigger cases,primer pockets just get too loose,and they can't be resized down.-as in TGP's estimate of 5 (comp use).

But with your sensible "short of book max ' 223,just check general condition and reload-you may have to trim,and neck sizing does work the brass a bit less-though FL tends to be needed every 5 or so reloads....it really is variable (as are chambers and even brass-let alone how hard worked they are)-you will notice when bolt lift becomes a tad sticky-time for some resize/bump attention....-it'll only get worse,so don't ignore.

Lapua brass is generally very good to go from box (but chamfer) and more likely to be slightly spoiled by eg,needless flash hole 'tidying'-it is already tidy. If somehow,I ended up with only one/two cases needing trimmed,and others within specs,I'd just rest those one/two til the others stretched to trim size too...and continue to shoot the uniform 98/99 .....rather than trim the 99/98 down to the odd one/two before needed. Good shooting.

gbal

Archived