Bullet heads for sale, requesting info. please.

Hi all, having a clear out of heads that I have used for load development. I want to stay on the right side of the law. I'm over in Norn Iron, can I send these by post to individuals in mainland UK or do they have to be face to face or RFD? Heads include, Barnes TTSX, Nosler varmints, Sierra MK's, some other types, both hunting and target. Various calibres. Our regs. here are different from the mainland hence my question.

If I can sell these legally, I'll put them up on the for sale section.

Please reply if you KNOW the legalities. If you're not SURE, please don't comment. I would appreciate if you can point me to documented legislation. I want to be totally legal and above board. Thanks. J.

In England, Scotland and Wales, you can sell and post target non-expanding bullets only. Expanding bullets must be sold either by RFD transfer or face to face making sure the buyer has permission for them and you must write them onto the buyers FAC. You cannot post expanding bullets.

In NI, bullets are bullets and you can sell and post anything.

In England, Scotland and Wales, you can sell and post target non-expanding bullets only. Expanding bullets must be sold either by RFD transfer or face to face making sure the buyer has permission for them and you must write them onto the buyers FAC. You cannot post expanding bullets.

In NI, bullets are bullets and you can sell and post anything.

do you have to mark expanding bullets on a ticket ??? thought it was just Rounds/ammo

THAT is open to argument....what you DO have to do, is PROVE entitlement on your FAC when buying = can only be supplied in the UK by an RFD or Face-to-face

es not disputing that But pretty sure like primers which alos need proof of Cert not needed to be entered in writing

The law's pretty black and white!

NO you cant post expanding ammo to individuals on the UK mainland.

YES you can post match ammo to individuals on the UK mainland.

and that's about it!

I think you mean bullets, not ammo, and definitely not bullet heads.....because there is no such thing

I think you mean bullets, not ammo, and definitely not bullet heads.....because there is no such thing

No I mean ammo, it's a short word for ammunition. Your a gunsmith, so instead of being pedantic why don't you answer the lads question?

Not wanting to hijack the OP's thread but I'm pretty sure a definition of ammunition is a projectile, but i guess you know exactly what he's asking.

Ammunition is a combination of powder, projectile, casing and means of ignition.

A projectile is just that......

A box of bullets isn't a box of ammo

As for the original question, the OP said if you don't know then please don't comment....so I didn't.

That said, he's in N Ireland and lives under their rules which probably differ from ours, so I can't see how it would be any different for the end user compared to if they had the bullets sent from abroad.

In short, I don't really know, but I do know you can't post ammo

Expanding bullets don't have to be recorded on the FAC, only if the customer requests it, to show use.

They MUST be recorded in the RFD,s expanding ammunition register with the customers name , address and cert number however.

Expanding bullets don't have to be recorded on the FAC, only if the customer requests it, to show use.

From the 2014 Home Office Guide

3.23 However, where a certificate holder requests large quantities of bullets, it should be

remembered that the total number of bullets authorised counts towards their overall

limit on possession of expanding ammunition. The exception to the rule on listing bullets

separately on a firearm certificate applies in the case of a certificate holder who wishes to

possess a variety of different types of bullets. This may be reflected in a relatively higher

overall limit on possession and, in these circumstances, the bullets should be listed

separately to help avoid unnecessary stockpiling of complete rounds. The dealer making

the sale must record transactions of expanding ammunition on the certificate and the sale

must also be recorded in the dealer’s register. Provisions for Registered Firearms Dealers

are outlined in Chapter 4.

This is a change from the previous Guidance - which was wrong. My understanding of reasons for this is as follows:

S5 exapnding bullets are in law prohibited ammunition and therefore count in law as ammuntion.

In law, ammuntion must be entered on the FAC of the perosn acquiring it by the person supplying it.

Therefore S5 expanding bullets must in law be recorded on the acquirer's FAC.

Archived